Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most comfortable grips/pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Billyjo88
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Most comfortable grips/pegs?

Going to be making some changes on my new FXDWG and would love to get opinions on comfy grips and peg sets. There is a lot out there that look cool (always important), but I am looking for function too. Pictures welcome!

Old 02-12-2012, 01:55 AM
ezmo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats really personal opinion whats best. Maybe you shoud specify your requirements for those and purify, what you mean with comfortable?

My own requirements for pegs are, that they are grippy. Therefore rubber oem pegs are my choise. My feet are hanging from the pegs, i.e. Toes pointing up heel hanging down. No effort is needed to hold leg on peg.

What comes with grips, grippy, bit soft, no metal surface.

Just my preferences.....

Old 02-12-2012, 02:09 AM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

For grips I prefer PM or RSD Renthal grips. For pegs, I just put on some ISO pegs with heel rests but have not ridden with them yet.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I posted up these from DK customs in another thread, but I think no one liked them cause of no replies. They are comfy cause there's a lot of room to move around, and are VERY grippy. Took me a while to get used to the look, but now I kind of like them.

My choice for grips is Avon like These

Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

Ill quote
nkauf21
"For grips I prefer PM or RSD Renthal grips."

I have been running the Performance Machine version for a few years they are great grip
Foot pegs I have a floorboard set up.

Carl

Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 354 Posts

I like the ISO grips for comfort. I recently installed a set of fully chrome, all metal grips. They look great, but until it warms up and I try them without gloves on, I am not sure how they are gonna work for the long haul. I might be putting my ISO's back on.

IMHO, any foot peg with the heel stirrup is gonna be the most comfortable, but I generally use the ISO style. One thing I do recommend, unless your into corner carving (I am not), you may want the extended foot pegs. To me, it is so much more practical having a longer foot peg that I will never run the standard size again.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Billyjo88
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ezmo
Thats really personal opinion whats best. Maybe you shoud specify your requirements for those and purify, what you mean with comfortable?

My own requirements for pegs are, that they are grippy. Therefore rubber oem pegs are my choise. My feet are hanging from the pegs, i.e. Toes pointing up heel hanging down. No effort is needed to hold leg on peg.

What comes with grips, grippy, bit soft, no metal surface.

Just my preferences.....
All good points and questions about comdfort from other posters. Been riding for 25 years and have been on a quest for comfort. I do not have the luxuray of making frequent changes on my bikes, so I a have a new bike on order and want to get it right if I could.

Comfy to me mean "grippy" and does not lead to fatigue. I have had all chrome grips (and pegs) and I do not like that they conduct heat/cold -- just adds to the unpleasantness of extremely cold and hot days in the Northeast. I also have smaller hands, so really wide diameter grips cause my hands to ache. I also had ISOs for years and found them to me less comfortable than stockers -- not sure why. Finally, would love to match the look of the pegs with the grips for a finished look if possible...

Old 02-12-2012, 10:12 AM
goblin127
Tourer

OEM pegs and avon old school grips.Most comfortable grips I ever used and cheap.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:59 AM
River_123
Advanced

Originally Posted by WGJC
I posted up these from DK customs in another thread, but I think no one liked them cause of no replies. They are comfy cause there's a lot of room to move around, and are VERY grippy. Took me a while to get used to the look, but now I kind of like them.
Love those pegs. Thinking about some myself. I have these right now.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_CA

Nice support for cruising, but when I want to dig in I can flip the heel rests in.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:11 AM
ace2001
Cruiser

I also run the PM grips and they are awesome. I ride 45 miles each way and use a winter glove on my way to work and a summer glove on my way home from work and it feels great with either glove.

As for pegs, I run the HD Daimond Black foot pegs. They are comfortable but I'm thinking about switching to something like the Joker Machine Adjustable Serrated footpegs. They have a little more platform to them and you can adjust them to what is comfortable to you. The price tag on the JM pegs is a bit hefty tho.

Quick Reply: Most comfortable grips/pegs?