Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qestion on heated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012 | 02:52 PM
'10 Wide Glide
|
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question on heated seats?

I've finally decided to replace my stock seat.

I've read a lot of threads on seats & have come to a decision to purchase a Corbin classic with passenger pillion but I'm not sure about the heated seat option?!?! I do like the idea of having the option if it's cold out.

I guess my question is does anyone have a heated seat & what do they think of it, pros/cons or opinions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by '10 Wide Glide; 02-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2012 | 03:43 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by '10 Wide Glide
I've finally decided to replace my stock seat.

I've read a lot of threads on seats & have come to a decision to purchase a Corbin classic with passenger pillion but I'm not sure about the heated seat option?!?! I do like the idea of having the option if it's cold out.

I guess my question is does anyone have a heated seat & what do they think of it, pros/cons or opinions would be greatly appreciated
No experience with heated seat. Not an area that ever got cold enough to worry about. I would invest in heated vest, gloves, socks, or grips first. Might find more info by doing a search in the bagger section.

Old 02-10-2012 | 04:44 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I was going to say the same thing ... my hands are always the first thing to get cold on me ... then feet if they're wet ...

After looking at the pros/cons of heated grips, I got a set of Gerbing heated glove liners and that is the only heated gear I've gotten thus far ... of course, I'm rocking full batwing fairing and lower fairings so it's greatly helped ....

Old 02-10-2012 | 07:12 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I had one on a BMW that I owned and it was nice. Heated gear works better but loke heated grips, they are always there in case the weather changes and you don't have the gear with you.

Old 02-10-2012 | 07:41 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I've rode in pretty cold weather and have been really cold. I don't recall my *** ever getting cold. I'd imagine anything that helps warm your blood on any part of your body would help the rest of you feel better.
I now have the Gerbing gloves and jacket liner and can't imagine anything warmer.

Old 02-10-2012 | 07:46 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master

yet another recommendation for heated clothes verses heated seat (and grips). I learned years ago on snowmobiles that heated seats and grips just didn't cut it. Heated gloves/jacket liner and pant liners (if need be) are a much better choice.

Save your $$$ and if you get cold go Gerbings

Old 02-10-2012 | 08:13 PM
'10 Wide Glide
|
Tourer

Thanx for the replies, I do have heated gear I was just wondering if having a heated seat would be worth it or not.

I guess I should have added that, the only reason was I found a deal with the shipping that I do feel that is to good to pass up

Old 02-10-2012 | 08:45 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by '10 Wide Glide
Thanx for the replies, I do have heated gear I was just wondering if having a heated seat would be worth it or not.

I guess I should have added that, the only reason was I found a deal with the shipping that I do feel that is to good to pass up
If you have heated gear (pants in particular) a heated seat seams a waste of money and might actually get too hot (hotseat?) with both running.

Old 02-10-2012 | 08:54 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Been down into the mid teens and my *** was never cold? Heated gear is enough.

Old 02-10-2012 | 09:38 PM
caaraa
Banned

Very very cool, and thanks for the lesson! I love your unique ink!

Quick Reply: Qestion on heated seats?