Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with making a choice on V&H exhaust...Short shots or Straight Shots?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the short shots since 2006 and love the look but think they are too quiet.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

On an otherwise stock bike, just get what looks good to you. I put my short shots on at ~30 miles on the odometer and haven't looked back. Best bang for the buck considering looks, cost, and ease of install. The power or torque loss is negligible, if any. I run the standard baffles that came with the pipes and it sounds great, plenty loud, and my hearing is still perfect after 2 years.

Best thing to do is go to your local bike shows, bars, or hangouts and look and listen to find the pipes that look best to you.

Last edited by jmeiers; 02-09-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:55 AM
bsljacques
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers
On an otherwise stock bike, just get what looks good to you. I put my short shots on at ~30 miles on the odometer and haven't looked back. Best bang for the buck considering looks, cost, and ease of install. The power or torque loss is negligible, if any. I run the standard baffles that came with the pipes and it sounds great, plenty loud, and my hearing is still perfect after 2 years.

Best thing to do is go to your local bike shows, bars, or hangouts and look and listen to find the pipes that look best to you.
Yeah...Think I will head to the dealer and see who's bikes have them on and check out the sound. Here in OKC...they always have about 50 or so bikes in the lot from used bikes to customers and will get a good look at them.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Garyedwards
Advanced

I've the short shots on my 08 with the big city monster baffles they're loud as hell and I've no noticed any loss of power but ear plugs come in handy on a long trip lol

Old 02-09-2012, 01:50 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the bubs version of the straightshots and I really like them. they make good power and sound great. they are 495.00 . You might find the VnH for a bit cheaper. Id definitely go for the straightshots.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM
AFHarley
Cruiser

Straight Shots... They look and sound better IMO.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:47 PM
atretes1
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got the Big Shots Staggered with quiet baffles. They look good and sound good.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:50 PM
bsljacques
Tourer

Originally Posted by atretes1
I've got the Big Shots Staggered with quiet baffles. They look good and sound good.
I like the Big Shots look...but If I get those I run short on the rest of the Stage 1. I think the Straight Shots are what I plan to by and working on hunting down a good cheap Air Cleaner....and tuner.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:29 PM
16VAFXDL
Road Captain
Veteran: Army
Received 65 Likes on 18 Posts

I like both the Short Shots and the Straight Shots, but I decided to go with the Straight Shots. I like the traditional staggered look of the Straight Shots. Plus they show more of the engine, which makes it easier to clean and show more chrome.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:02 PM
SamarthVader
Intermediate

I just ordered short shots for my Forty-eight along with a SE stage 1 intake and SE race tuner. Did you guys with these pipes notice an improvement in the bike's top end performance? I'm not really concerned about losing a bit of low end if I can make gains in the mid/high end where I mostly ride on the highway.

Quick Reply: Need help with making a choice on V&H exhaust...Short shots or Straight Shots?