Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with making a choice on V&H exhaust...Short shots or Straight Shots?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 PM
bsljacques
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I will go with the Straight Shots and Fuelpak and heavy breather....that will fit the budget and I suppose better improvement over stock. Looking for good sound and hoping for a bit in TQ and HP over stock.

Wife and I enjoy riding and don't want to be deaf after cruising these parts of Oklahoma and Arkansas.

What do you all think?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds good. I am in the same boat as you. I just sold my slip-ons and I am ordering Big Shots and a Power Commander V from Fuel Moto to go along with the SE air cleaner that is already on the bike. I considered the Fuel Pack but I read too many negative reviews about it. Never heard too many bad things about the PCV.

Good Luck.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Yasky1997
Tourer

I have the Short Shots with the quiet baffles. I also run a SE air cleaner and a PCV 5. I bought the short shots mostly for looks. I was worried about them being too loud so I put the quiet baffles in right away. It was alot quieter than I expected. I thought about putting the baffles in that came with them but never did. I will say my bike is not nearly as loud as most of the bikes that ride with. No complaints from my wife and no real loss of power.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Big shots!

Old 02-08-2012, 11:33 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you can get big shots on the directharleyparts.com website for 499 delivered.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a pair of straight shot slip ons for sale. Coming off an 08 street bob. They are in perfect shape,chrome. Pm me is you are interested. I bought a propipe and will be installing it in a couple weeks. 250 shipped

Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 AM
dynagliding
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my straight shots, loud as hell

Attached Thumbnails Need help with making a choice on V&H exhaust...Short shots or Straight Shots?-img_2868.jpg   Need help with making a choice on V&H exhaust...Short shots or Straight Shots?-img_2869.jpg   Need help with making a choice on V&H exhaust...Short shots or Straight Shots?-img_2875.jpg  
Old 02-09-2012, 05:14 AM
dynagliding
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry side shots

Old 02-09-2012, 07:31 AM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Straight Shots! To me, they are the traditional drag pipes. I think you lose a little low end with these but not terribly noticeable. I swapped to quiet baffles this Fall and may have gotten a little back. Problem is I swapped the intake at the same time so hard to tell. I like mine!

Old 02-09-2012, 07:51 AM
MADDOG187
Road Master
Talking

i had straight shot slip ons on my nightster , and Ive never hated anything as much on a motorbike in my life , they were just horribly loud and crackley,
Ive now got a fat bob 2011 model and i put on rush slip ons with 2" baffles , they sound just about right ,
i haven't done any fuel or a/c mods yet and to be honest i probably wont ,
there isn't any loss in power as far as i can tell , so its a very cheap fix to get a deep rumble out of the bike ,
i can ride long distances in an open helmet without any ear ache or ear plugs, so they suit me ,
I'm going to keep them and get the heat shields on the pipes blacked out , or buy the black shield kit for the 2 into 1 part , and keep the mufflers chrome , just to break it up a bit,
its an easy fix and cheaper than a full system + stage one tune..

you can spend the money you save on a really comfy 2 up seat and removable sissy bar , for when your better half goes for a ride with you

Last edited by MADDOG187; 02-09-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help with making a choice on V&H exhaust...Short shots or Straight Shots?