Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaving the "sporty" world and entering the Dyna world

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Wade91
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little more info: My first HD was an 02 Night Train that I absolutely loved. Ended up with this sporty a few years ago and have been riding the snot out of it. It's not that I don't like the sporty, but I kinda went backwards ya know. Also, in the group I ride with, they all have big twins and this poor 883 gets a work out every time we ride. I do get alot of compliments on it and it looks great for 40K miles. The struts instead of shocks thing isn't to bad, I just want back on a bigger bike.

As soon as I sat on the Dyna I was like: Ahhhhhhhhh, this is niiice. A seat that's comfortable, shocks again and my arms not reaching for those little bars. The guy im getting it from is about 5'6, so I know he was reaching for those apes. Fit me perfect and I'm 5'8. Local LEO's don't really mess with the bikers for apes either. Maybe paint job in it's near future, not really sure yet. Thnx for the welcome guys.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:32 AM
art0565
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice set up on your Dyna!!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:26 AM
HDHornet
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the Dyna world Wade. I'm another Sporty to Dyna owner and have no regrets whats so ever. Your bike looks great.

Attached Thumbnails Leaving the "sporty" world and entering the Dyna world-dsc00004-1-.jpg  
Old 02-08-2012, 05:35 AM
armybrat02
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome, nice ride. Now to make it yours. Let the fun begin.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Wade91
Tourer

Originally Posted by armybrat02
Welcome, nice ride. Now to make it yours. Let the fun begin.
Exactly. There WILL be modifications, just don't know what as of yet. From my Mustangs through the years, to the motorcycles EVERYTHING gets modded. Just have to familiarize myself with the Dyna world now.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:33 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

the only thing you have to worry about with a twin cam (05) is either making sure you upgrade to the hydraulic cam chain tensioners or do a gear cam swap out. I also upgraded the oil pump on mine and it ran a lot better. nothing wrong with a good twin cam. I like them just fine. I have had an evo , twin cam a and twin cam b (counter balanced) over all I like the a motor best (rubber mounted). You should have a great time on this bike. Welcome to the dyna side of things.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

BTW that is a really nice looking dyna you bought.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Both bikes look real nice. Don't even hesitate to put a 1250 on that Sportster either...you'll find it becomes a whole different bike. If I'm spending a ton of time in the saddle, the Dyna is really nice but if I want to cut up a twisty mountain road, the Sportster will get the nod every time. To me, they're different bikes that bring a smile to your face in different ways. Enjoy them both!

Old 02-08-2012, 02:02 PM
DTDK
Road Captain

sporty and dyna owner here too, both look like shap bikes, but the pipes on that dyna make my ears bleed just by looking at them.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Wade91
Tourer

Originally Posted by DTDK
sporty and dyna owner here too, both look like shap bikes, but the pipes on that dyna make my ears bleed just by looking at them.
Haaaaaa! Yeah, don't know if my buds I ride with will like to be on the right side of me. I KNOW short and loud is NOT the way to go when it comes to making street power, but the look and sound is awesome on these.

Funny that you mention the cam info. That is one thing I did ALOT of reading on over the past day and a half. Was already at Gulfcoast HD and talked to the service guy. We are going to do the upgrade/fix that HD did to these motors and even a cam swap at the same time. That will give me peace of mind seeing as how I will have the fix, new oil pump and 15K mile service done all at once. I'm willing to spend a thousand dollars for some peace of mind and a little more power.

Talked to the floor mgr. that I know quite well. Told him the price I'm getting the bike for + the service/cam swap I'm going to be doing. Just high retail on the bike is $9100 (so he says) and I'm getting the bike for two grand under that! All in all, I think I'm gonna be just fine.

I did take the sporty up to the Blue Ridge Parkway in October. I flogged the heck out of it (had to, the carb hated the elevation change) and it ran like a champ. That little 883 did just fine, but definitely low on power.

Paint ideas and Google search are next. B Safe Ride Hard my friends!

Quick Reply: Leaving the "sporty" world and entering the Dyna world