Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slip on mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012 | 08:11 AM
2011bob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a set of cycle shack slip ons for sale for 40 bucks plus shipping

Old 02-07-2012 | 10:02 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by greenstreetbob
Explain how "loudness" is subjective.
Unless you are using a db meter then of course its subjective. One guy thinks some pipes are loud and another thinks they are too quiet, how much more subjective could that be?

Old 02-07-2012 | 11:19 AM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a buddy recently put V&H slip ons on his Sportster and crikey they were LOUD!
I'm not sure what he was using for baffles but it was loud enough to cause a neighbour to come out and yell as us for waking their babies up!!!

Old 02-07-2012 | 11:27 AM
markrumsfield
Tourer

Khrome Werks slipons will give you what you are looking for. Deep tone and at idle I dont think they are any louder than stock mufflers until you twist the throtle. Mine are starting to sound too quiet, or maybe my hearing is starting to go. Hey on your Thunderheader with the forwards does your heal rub against the front header pipe?

Old 02-07-2012 | 11:28 AM
wonson3
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
Unless you are using a db meter then of course its subjective. One guy thinks some pipes are loud and another thinks they are too quiet, how much more subjective could that be?
+1 here.. Loudness is subjective.. even some guys' pipes think it is loud but other thinks it is not that loud that makes it subjective.

I would also go for a slip ons with a not-so-loud IMO SE pipe

Old 02-07-2012 | 11:35 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,039 Likes on 776 Posts

I had the V&H slipons before and now run the Cycle Shacks. Both of them will wake up your baby. I know people who run the CS without baffles and maybe that is what you heard but I like (and that is subjective) the sound better than the V&H.
Haven't heard the Khrome Werks but the Screamin Eagle slipons give a nice balance between stock and most other slipons.

Old 02-07-2012 | 12:06 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master

Originally Posted by wonson3
+1 here.. Loudness is subjective.. even some guys' pipes think it is loud but other thinks it is not that loud that makes it subjective.

I would also go for a slip ons with a not-so-loud IMO SE pipe
And this is what we have come to.....a person can't tell something is apparent unless a computer tells him it's true.

Does it matter what a db meter says if a person can't even tell the difference?

Last edited by greenstreetbob; 02-07-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2012 | 12:20 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The Screamin Eagle Slipons are pretty quiet but louder than stock. I'm going to be selling mine cheap to upgrade to a full system. Let me know if you are interested. They are the ones in my avatar with the black tips. They look awesome, but I am looking to go louder. V&H slipons are still going to be pretty loud.

Old 02-07-2012 | 12:45 PM
buellrider76
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you search through the "under 50" section there is a mod to replace just the stock baffles with the baffles from cycle shack. I did it to my bike and have put 4500 miles since and it still sounds great. It sounds stock at idle, but has a deep growl when you get up in the RPMs. Some of the guys take all the packing out to make it louder. I left all mine in place. If you can't find it let me know and I will try to find it for you.

Old 02-07-2012 | 12:58 PM
jusa
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Vance & Hines HS slip-ons for classic cool looks. And V&H Quiet baffles (which are not quiet at all) WITH Hard Kore Baffles (by Smartpartz) for sound which isn't loud, but yet low and beefy Harley sound.

Quick Reply: slip on mufflers