Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Frustration~

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Overdose
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
The You Tube vid is a mega dollar custom bike builder from Japan.
Try looking up Trijya customs on the web. He might sell it as a kit.
Googled and looked all over the web. I dont think this can be ordered.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

The windshield looks pretty decent. Quick on and off for road trips.

Watch the minute we sell our Fat Bobs all kinds of stuff will hit the market.
I'm just going to be patient for the time being.

I'm cheap SOB so I going to end up fabing up my own using the Buell cafe fairing just for looks anyway.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:15 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdose
I want to know where this one came from? This is what I am looking for, but it is probably custom.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lknnv...e_gdata_player
Now that's the look I am after!
I have done custom epoxy molding in the past working on Hot Rods but that was trunk boxes with wood frames. I know I can make up a wood buck or foam buck to lay a custom one off peice out of Fiberglass and epoxy but I really don't have the time with as many projects I have on the burner at present but it doesn't look like there is any alternative unless the guys at AirTech can come through with something.
Bob

Old 03-07-2012, 10:17 PM
HYPR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
The Fat Bob is far away from being a one off bike. The company produces thousands a year for many different markets overseas. OK maybe I took Loco's remark too literal. Sorry!

The irony here is the Fat Bob was created for the Euro market to begin with! Hence the twin Street-Fighter Euro headlight style. That street-fighter style should of included a fairing from the start, after all the motor company did a fairing on the V-Rod.

Look at the V-Rod for a second, not big numbers of them running around. Most dealers here are even selling em at a loss. Not originally designed as a touring bike but as a sport bike contender. They were never intened to have touring bags or full cruiser windshields. The company went on to make bags and full windshields for em because people wanted them. I understand its all about dollars and cents. Even the short lived low volume selling Rocker has its own full windshield and aftermarket outlaw fairing.
We just want a fairing for our Fat Bobs!

Back to the topic at hand I saw some Dyna FXRs using old Police fairings.
These look like theres enough room to mod twin lights in and a sound system to boot!. Don't know if the look would work on a Fat Bob. A little over the top for my taste but it could be a good starting point for a creative modder.
Somehow the look seems to work on these old FXRs.
Any idea how they mounted those fairings?
Bob

Old 06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Shovelrigid
Stage II

Originally Posted by HYPR
Yep, I saw that the other day and wondered what it would look like. Absolutely perfect in my opinion. It fits the Fat Bob bad *** look perfectly. Now all I need to do is find a fairing that has the similar dimensions and do some fiberglass work I guess.
Bob
That is spot on the look I'm after. Unfortunately no one wants to make one! I got an E-mail from Dougz,com and they said it's not hi on the to do list and it's gonna be a year or more before it is even a possibility.that's if they even do it! If anybody see's one come on the market please share the info.. there are a lot of people that like the roads lit up by the twin lights they work real well. I hated the twin look till I rode it in the Country!

Old 06-27-2012, 02:14 AM
HYPR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Shovelrigid
That is spot on the look I'm after. Unfortunately no one wants to make one! I got an E-mail from Dougz,com and they said it's not hi on the to do list and it's gonna be a year or more before it is even a possibility.that's if they even do it! If anybody see's one come on the market please share the info.. there are a lot of people that like the roads lit up by the twin lights they work real well. I hated the twin look till I rode it in the Country!
Me too! I love the look of that thing and would drop the RG fairing in a split second for one of those. I think it is simply Bad ***!
Bob

Old 06-28-2012, 06:54 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Old 06-28-2012, 07:04 AM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 AM
cafe_dave
3rd Gear

I may be out of touch but my plan so far is to get a ness fairing for a late model wide glide and switch the lights from a wide glide also.....As for an early GPz Fairing the 1st 2 years for that bike had fork mounted fairing

Last edited by cafe_dave; 08-29-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Squirrel67
Cruiser

Has anyone talked to the guys at Rifle fairings, they might be able to come up with something that looks good. I'm running a wind vest for now but would be interested in a 1/4 faring.

Quick Reply: Fairing Frustration~