Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many out there using True Track?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Question How many out there using True Track?

Maybe I'm just not used to the longer wheelbase, but coming from a Sporty, I find I really have to pay attention to turns or I'll end up in another lane. Also, if I get into a rut or drainage "V" on a road, the rear tire wants to take over and move the bike where ever it wants to go. Also feels like the steering head bearings are loose when hitting rough roads, although I know they're not. Will the True Track fix these symptoms, and if so, HOW COME HARLEY DIDN'T PUT IT ON THE BIKE TO BEGIN WITH??

Old 02-04-2012, 04:29 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the similar system, Sputhe. It really helps, as Im sure a Tru trak does as well.
As many have said, the problem is the rear tire is connected to the back of the tranny. and it wiggles. These things, make your bike feel like a solid piece instead of 2 things hooked together. Yes it should have been that way from the factory. You get more stability in turns and thru grooves and windy situations. Definitley get one.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Jay Risk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default +1 on the True Trac

Originally Posted by TXcruzin
I have the similar system, Sputhe. It really helps, as Im sure a Tru trak does as well.
As many have said, the problem is the rear tire is connected to the back of the tranny. and it wiggles. These things, make your bike feel like a solid piece instead of 2 things hooked together. Yes it should have been that way from the factory. You get more stability in turns and thru grooves and windy situations. Definitley get one.
I found the True Track and Ohlins suspension have made a world of difference in how the bike handles. Handles like a sport bike. OK, a heavy sport bike, but a sport bike Jay

Old 02-04-2012, 05:26 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if it's a Wide Glide issue. I have no stability enhancement modifications and my Super Glide performs flawlessly. I ride a great deal in the Sierra Nevada twisties, putting the suspension through about everything you can throw at it. No chicken strips on my tires and no issues otherwise.

My first inclination would be to start looking for the cause, and forget about applying band-aides to cover the symptom. ie. tires, shocks, mounts and so on. But maybe it has something to due with the dynamics of the Wide Glides?

Old 02-04-2012, 06:24 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer

Originally Posted by clicker01
I wonder if it's a Wide Glide issue. I have no stability enhancement modifications and my Super Glide performs flawlessly. I ride a great deal in the Sierra Nevada twisties, putting the suspension through about everything you can throw at it. No chicken strips on my tires and no issues otherwise.

My first inclination would be to start looking for the cause, and forget about applying band-aides to cover the symptom. ie. tires, shocks, mounts and so on. But maybe it has something to due with the dynamics of the Wide Glides?
I dont want to argue, and Im not being a jerk, NO IT IS NOT A WIDE GLIDE ISSUE. Its a Dyna issue. Its not a band aid, Its correcting a design flaw.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a True-Track on my Fat Bob about three years ago because I experienced a bad wobble in long turns and also an unsteadiness when blasted by crosswinds during really windy days (possibly aggravated by the solid wheels and saddlebags). After a week of really windy days and a lot of research on this forum I took the plunge for the True Track.

Handling was improved once the True Track was installed. I never had the wobble on turns again. And the bike handled much better when battered by strong crosswinds. This is how the bike should come from the factory.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:34 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by TXcruzin
I dont want to argue, and I'm not being a jerk, NO IT IS NOT A WIDE GLIDE ISSUE. Its a Dyna issue. Its not a band aid, Its correcting a design flaw.
Wait, you mean bolting the swing arm to the rubber motor mount instead of the frame is a bad idea...... lol. Yeah, I guess it is! The True Track or the Sputhe is a excellent way to help stabilize the bike. Yeah, tires, upgraded suspension, steering head adjustments and bearings all play a part, but a chassis stabilizer like a True Track is an excellent device (investment) to help shore up the bike. Its not that much money, and compared to what I have spent just on chrome, it was well worth it.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:37 PM
JimmieJack
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just happen to put a Sputhe stablizer on last night - I also just got a new set of Metzler tires. I only got to go for about a 10 mile ride today but between the two (tires & stablizer) the bike feels great. It's hard to describe but the bike just feels more solid. I was a little reluctant about buying the stablizer because I'm not an aggressive rider but I can definately feel the differance.

Jimmie

Old 02-04-2012, 10:38 PM
davidw221
Supporter

I use Bagger brace, its a clean looking install.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. I have come to understand now why this is a problem. I did forget to add the unstable feel in cross winds, but that seems to be the norm. I understand True Track is a sponsor here, but do the other items like bagger brace and sputhe have much the same effect?

Quick Reply: How many out there using True Track?