Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley doesn't care about you, only your money

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:54 PM
neocontra
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley doesn't care about you, only your money

I was out riding and discovered I couldn't see the beam in front. I looked and the entire lens was filled with condensation.

I called the dealership I bought this from, and the woman there tried brushing me off, telling me this is normal and (get this) all HD led lights get condensation. I asked her how it was normal for a headlight meeting DOT specs to form condensation and not allow a beam of light to pass through normal, let alone safe? She then told me to email her pictures of the condensation which I did. I never got a response back, even though she told me she would.

The only thing that pisses me off more than this piece of **** headlight, even more than the fact that I paid over $400 for it, is the shitty *** attitude of the people at the dealership who, it seems, once they have your money don't give a flying f_ck about standing behind anything they do or sell.

It's like that with their service departments. It's like that with their employees, and it's like that with their department managers. They are perfectly fine selling your garbage and expect everyone to lay down when they want to rip people off? No. No way.

This should have been a simple case of: bring it in and we will swap it out. It's not even 5 months old!!!

God knows I love my Harley and I live to ride..but Harley Davidson, the company, is not of the people..they f_ck the people. Again and again.

They don't care about you. They don't care about motorcycles or the people who have a passion for them. All they care about now is selling garbage made by our enemy overseas in order to line their greedy pockets.

Harley Davidson use to mean something....

Last edited by neocontra; 02-04-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:01 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

I thought the condensation issue was fixed. You need the part number with the A at the end. When did you buy the headlamp?

and yeah, dealers can be ******. No problems taking your money though.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

You're right, it shouldn't happen with a pricey headlight. You're also right that the dealer should be helping you and they are not. Talk to the owner and if you still don't get anywhere get in touch with customer service at MOCO. Isn't it a warranty issue anyway?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:05 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,337 Likes on 3,185 Posts

Turn it on. The heat will evaporate the condensation.
Did you install it?
If so not their problem, sorry Dude.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got no dawg if this fight................

Try taking a blow dryer and heat up the lens to dry out the light to clear up the condensation. It has worked on other lights in the auto industry, so I imagine it will work on the head light also.

I did not buy one of these because I read somewhere that these new lights have not been around long enough to know how they are going to respond to natural weather conditions.

The other reason is that I also read that they only had something like a 90 day warranty on them.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the light.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:07 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, that's bullshit. Do you still have your stock light? HD got their money from me when I bought my bike. I don't buy their clothes, boots, helmets or accessories. You get much better "after the sale service" and products as a whole from the respective specialty venders. It's hard enough getting the motor company to stand by their motorcycles.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:14 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, that's a no-go. $400 for that? No way. I would just ask them this: "So I paid $400 for a light that doesn't perform nearly as well as the stock light it replaced, and looks like crap in the day. Would you be satisfied if YOU were the customer? How do I fix this? Buy another copy of the same light and hope it is of better quality? Go back to my stock light? What do you suggest?"

Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 PM
neocontra
Banned

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Turn it on. The heat will evaporate the condensation.
Did you install it?
If so not their problem, sorry Dude.
It makes ZERO difference if they installed it or not, it's sold OVER THE COUNTER WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

And don't condescend to me like installing a god damn headlight would cause it to somehow get damaged or should have a right to VOID a warranty.

You might be one of those people who love giving HD their money and letting the dealership rip you off for oil changes and your 1k service but I'm not. You have fun laying down for them.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Lucero1
Road Master

Unfortunately, this is not just a Harley thing. Customer service, in general, has gone to **** in America. Sure, there are still some companies who have exceptional customer service, and I try to give them most of my money - and promote them as often as possible!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Lucero1
Road Master

Originally Posted by neocontra
It makes ZERO difference if they installed it or not, it's sold OVER THE COUNTER WITH A 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

And don't condescend to me like installing a god damn headlight would cause it to somehow get damaged or should have a right to VOID a warranty.

You might be one of those people who love giving HD their money and letting the dealership rip you off for oil changes and your 1k service but I'm not. You have fun laying down for them.
If it has a one year warranty, they should replace it. If not, call the company and raise hell.

Quick Reply: Harley doesn't care about you, only your money