Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley doesn't care about you, only your money

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 12:58 AM
theoneandonlyhoppy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Romeo
I agree. Be calm. If they won't make things right, call H-D customer service at 414-343-4056.
This is the answer. They have helped many of my friends that have had dealer issues.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Ya gotta love guys who respond to a post without reading all the posts already posted. He already said it was being taken care of....and guys are still posting telling him what he should do.

Read the fk'n posts guys.
I was just thinkin the same thing Joe.....lol

Old 02-02-2012, 10:23 AM
generatorshovel
Stage IV

Sounds like you're HD dealer has issues! Not all dealers are like that. If you can't get satisfaction from the dealer. Contact your state attorney general... consumer portection division. Keep a log of all the people you speak with ie: names, dates, times. File the complaint. When the state AG gets involved the dealer will be calling you to resolve the complaint.
Don't get mad...get even!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Garyk
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you got the problem resolved. I noticed that in your first post you mentioned some woman you spoke to...not sticking up the dealer, but who was she, was she really someone that knew what the hell she was talking about or someone that just answered the phones. I have had that problem before when calling a dealership, speaking with someone at the counter that does not know sh##.
There has been some discussion on this thread about the MOCO not being the same...as a HD owner since 1972 I can attest to that. back in the 80's the factory would bend over backwards for you,.... as they became more successful in the 90's that began to change when the bottom line appeared to be the goal....that unfortunately trickled down to the dealers who were much more careful about what they tried to warranty or return to the factory.
As far as AMF putting HD in the hole, that's not entirely true, the CEO of AMF was a Harley fan and they pumped a lot of $$ into HD, hence the SuperGlide and if it wasn't for some tariffs passed back then, we might not even be having this conversation...

Last edited by Garyk; 02-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:37 AM
mcr5593
Novice

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Instead of calling them dealership, and since you were out riding anyway, why didn't you just ride over to the dealer, straight into the service dept. You really think the person answering the phone is the person who would make the decision to replace your light or not?
Worst service I had was Iron Block HD in Adams, NY concerning a detachable windshield bracket. I installed the windshield myself and within weeks, the bracket snapped (weak mold). I DID go directly to the counter with the bracket and as other people have stated, their first question was, "did you install it yourself." I said yea, about 10 times...it's a quick detachable windshield! They wouldn't replace the bracket. I said screw it, bought another for $30 something and never went back. Vote with your money, vote with your feet. Best service I've had: TSI Harley in Connecticut

Old 02-04-2012, 10:01 AM
voneville
Cruiser

I'm not sticking up for the MOCO or your dealer, but I can say from personal experience that I've had bad experiences with indie's as well over warranty issues on poorly designed parts. I'm sure dealers and employee's have probably gotten pretty jaded since the reality TV chopper explosion (or is that implosion). Figure they spend a lot of their time working with the lowest common denominator. That's not an excuse for poor customer service, but shops aren't what they used to be, that's just a fact.

My best luck has been finding old OEM stuff at swap meets that was built in an era when things were built to last and to be fixed by the owner if they did fail. I've had old sealed beam head lights that were probably 40 to 30 years old and who knows how many times the bulb has been replaced but they always worked until they burned out Sure they're not 1 million candle power bright but they have gotten me home when I was seeing double plenty of times.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Max10
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that sucks. I think it's more about your dealership than HD. I like my dealership, always treated me right. Of course I bought 2 new bike from them so they like me. I'd get in touch with some higher ups in the company [HD]. That's about all you can do or go to the BBB.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah know what you are saying Neocontra. Had a flat recently on the bike, took off the backtire and took it to the dealer. He refused to fix it because of the small screw hole in the tire. I said just put a patch on the tire and sell me a new tube. He refused and said Harley Davidson forbad doing such a thing. Said he would have to sell me a new tire. I said how much and was told 338.00 dollars. I said forget it I can get it cheaper than that. He said sarcastically where can I beat that price. I said the Motorcycle Superstore I could get two tires and all the tools to fix it myself cheaper than what he wanted. He acted like he had never heard of such a place. Man these guys are incredible, they think they are the only game in town. The tires are in my sig. Can hardly wait to put them on and see what they roll like with the dynabeads in them.

Last edited by Jeff's 1st Harley; 02-11-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:04 AM
patski
Cruiser

Dealerships are certainly out to take your money, and not give a flying **** about integrity or customer service.

I'm with you neo; love my Harley, but **** the company.