Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy **** That's Loud

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 02:48 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,220 Likes on 3,753 Posts
Default Holy **** That's Loud

Bought a used set of Rhinehart Crossbacks for my Fatbob. Just installed them today. They came with two sets of baffles. I used the longer quieter set. Man are they loud, I don't think the neighbors or the cops are going to be happy with me. Considering reinstalling my OEM Tommy Gun head pipe and SE slip ons.

Rinehart does sell a supposedly quieter 1.5" baffle, but I don't think any straight through cheese grater baffle will do much for muffling sound.

Jim

Old 01-30-2012, 03:51 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

just run them. you will be happier when you used used to them. loud pipes for the win.

how do they sound cruising around town, and on the highway and then when you are full throttle from low rpm's

make a decision after you heard all these scenarios

Old 01-30-2012, 03:58 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,220 Likes on 3,753 Posts

going to have to wait until we get rid of a couple of feet of snow

Helluva lot louder that the SE's when running in the garage

Old 01-30-2012, 04:55 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was worried about what my neigbors would think about the Vance & Hines Big Shots on my bike, since i leave for work at about 4:30 in the morning... but a neighbor up the street has a import with one of those loud exhaust's, he starts it up at 4:00 am, reves the engine, and then tears up the street, its louder than my bike. I start it, let it warm up, then idle out of the neighborhood, i make way less noise than he does.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:24 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

my indy outlaw is very loud in the car port. but in the open it fine. just dont blast the neighborhood

Old 01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Drdriller
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the short shots on my fat bob. I meet people all the time in my neighborhood. It Goes like this,"So you're the guy with that loud motorcycle?". I love it- wish I could make them louder.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you are happy that the neighbors are unhappy?

Originally Posted by Drdriller
I have the short shots on my fat bob. I meet people all the time in my neighborhood. It Goes like this,"So you're the guy with that loud motorcycle?". I love it- wish I could make them louder.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nathanw
So you are happy that the neighbors are unhappy?
Read his post. When I read it I inferred that he likes his bike and would be happier if it was louder. If the neighbors don't like it they van write their congressman and explain that his loud pipes bother them.
I guess you can't make everyone happy all the time so maybe living is about personal happiness.
Are you one of his neighbors

Old 01-30-2012, 06:59 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Shredding rubber
Read his post. When I read it I inferred that he likes his bike and would be happier if it was louder. If the neighbors don't like it they van write their congressman and explain that his loud pipes bother them.
I guess you can't make everyone happy all the time so maybe living is about personal happiness.
Are you one of his neighbors
Isn't that the problem, people complaining to mayor, congressmen and they legislating quieter pipers? I took the comment to mean he enjoyed pissing off his neighbors with loud pipes.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Texasbrons
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been said before and it'll be said again, no matter how loud your pipes are, you can ride with respect. Just don't get "on it" when you are pulling away from your house. If you had a loud car, truck, bike and acted like a jack *** to me about it, I'd be at your bedroom window every night at 1am with a bullhorn. 2 can play that game. I have staggered shorties and they are pretty loud and I live in a cul-de-sac so my bike is always pointing at someones house and the sound bounces around pretty good in a cul-de-sac too. I've talked to all my neighbors and no complaints.

Quick Reply: Holy **** That's Loud