Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy **** That's Loud

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah, just dont be an *** hole and you'll be fine. Unless you roll in at 2AM on weeknights and rev up and down the block , no one will care.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

exactly. just dont get on it and dont turn your bike on for 10 mins out front for no reason while you put every part f your riding gear on inside and you will be fine. might even persuade another person to get one

Old 01-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Drdriller
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My neighbor two doors down has a wide glide with stock pipes. He compliments my pipes all the time.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:34 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After installing mine I went & asked my neighbors on either side of the alley to see if they bugged them being loud they all said that they don't bug them they hear me coming in late but that I'm respectful that I don't open it up in the neighborhood.

a little courtesy and you'll be fine with you neighbors

Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 PM
MrPappagiorgio
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Drdriller
I have the short shots on my fat bob. I meet people all the time in my neighborhood. It Goes like this,"So you're the guy with that loud motorcycle?". I love it- wish I could make them louder.

The younger side of me says "that's awesome". The older side of says "it's good to have neighbors that like me". It's nice to know that if I forget to close my garage in the morning on the way to work my neighbors will close it for me or call me. The older I get the more I learn that I shouldn't try so hard to **** people off.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:17 PM
J-Bird19
Advanced

Considering my neighbors are my in-laws I wish mine was louder

Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 PM
bswearingen
Tourer

loud = gooder

Old 01-30-2012, 08:40 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

watch for cops , take it easy in town as a rule, the volume is on your right hand, and of course it will sound alot louder in the garage! Also i spoke to some neihbors kinda shy ish and they said NOOOOO we think they sound great!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:12 PM
jwright302
Tourer

Hey Jim, I'm sorry you're not real happy with those pipes. I never really put much thought into the loudness of them. They weren't really any louder than the previous pipes I ran, V&H.

Since you already have them installed I would try them out on the road, once the weather breaks. They were pretty loud in my garage but I never found them to be obnoxious, and my neighbors still spoke to me.

They did get a good bit louder with the big baffles along with my big bore kit.

You might want to look into other brands of baffles, since that's a common size you might be able to try to fit some in there. You might have to drill a hole in them to bolt them in the rineharts and or trim the length. I don't know but it could be worth looking into.

Good luck
Jeremy

Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 AM
Patsplace
Cruiser

I've got V&H ProPipe BP 2 into 1 pipes and they do tend to get louder as the baffle wears. After a couple of years, I put the 106 kit in and the pipes seemed much louder. Now that I've ridden it a while, it seems just fine.

Pat

Quick Reply: Holy **** That's Loud