Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012 | 07:20 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master

Hey Tim,
No worries, and I really appreciate your post about the bigger issue. I called the dealer about extended warranty, and it's pretty steep. 1 year (from date of inspection) is $794, and 3 years is $1234. I have to sit on that decision for a while.

Old 05-14-2017 | 10:14 AM
blitzkrieg3002
4th Gear

So I just broke down on Friday with symptoms of a bad stator. I've stumbled onto these forums. I took the bike to a 3rd party shop for further diagnosis this coming week. I called up the MoCo and there is no recalls for this bike they told me they were in aware of any inner primary issues. I tried to refer him to this thread and others but he wouldn't listen. I'm going to call up my local dealer today. Any advice on getting them to fix this failure?

Old 05-14-2017 | 01:19 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg3002
So I just broke down on Friday with symptoms of a bad stator. I've stumbled onto these forums. I took the bike to a 3rd party shop for further diagnosis this coming week. I called up the MoCo and there is no recalls for this bike they told me they were in aware of any inner primary issues. I tried to refer him to this thread and others but he wouldn't listen. I'm going to call up my local dealer today. Any advice on getting them to fix this failure?
5 year old thread. If you really read it, it is not a recall. My buddy's 06 got it done under POLICY, (big difference) and he was the original owner, and it was done at the dealer where he bought it.

If you are tight with your dealer...who knows? 11 years later, though? Good luck. There are many posts about fixing this, and the parts used. I would just fix it, if I were in this case.

Old 05-14-2017 | 02:01 PM
blitzkrieg3002
4th Gear

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
5 year old thread. If you really read it, it is not a recall. My buddy's 06 got it done under POLICY, (big difference) and he was the original owner, and it was done at the dealer where he bought it.

If you are tight with your dealer...who knows? 11 years later, though? Good luck. There are many posts about fixing this, and the parts used. I would just fix it, if I were in this case.
right on, thanks for the info. I can see clearly this thread is 5 years old. My bike only has about 15k miles on it. I'm not the orig owner. I've read every single post in many threads on this issue. I'm thinking I'll go down to the dealer and give it a shot I guess, see what happens. Has I known they built a crappy failure into this bike I'd have shopped for an 07. Don't you hate that? Well wish me luck I'll let you all know what comes of it.

Old 05-14-2017 | 02:02 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg3002
So I just broke down on Friday with symptoms of a bad stator. I've stumbled onto these forums. I took the bike to a 3rd party shop for further diagnosis this coming week. I called up the MoCo and there is no recalls for this bike they told me they were in aware of any inner primary issues.
Yeah, sure, they aren't aware of any issues. I hammered them numerous time on the phone about this, and also provided them with links to threads in which many people had reported the issue.

If I call them again, I wouldn't be surprised if they still "haven't heard of the issue".

Last edited by Warp Factor; 05-14-2017 at 02:05 PM.