Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Emax
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Help please

First let's start by saying I am new to the forum and hello to everyone. Well I went to the dealer today and was looking at a 2012 dyna fat bob and was wondering what people think of the fat bob and is there any thing else I should be looking at besides the fat bob. I have never owned a HD before so this will be my first one! But I have been riding for years I currently own a Ducati street fighter and love it but as I get older I am looking for something to just cruse around on and slow me down a little. thanks for your help Emax

Old 01-25-2012, 08:46 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The Fat Bob is a great bike, I sure wouldn't mind owning one. I love my Street Bob, and as there are differences between the Dyna models you need to figure out what works best for you. The best way to know is to test ride them and go from there. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I love my Wide Glide, cant tell you how many compliments I have gotten on it riding only for about a week now.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nevil
Welcome to the forum. The Fat Bob is a great bike, I sure wouldn't mind owning one. I love my Street Bob, and as there are differences between the Dyna models you need to figure out what works best for you. The best way to know is to test ride them and go from there. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Exactly. I went in looking for a fat boy, buy it dragged it's floorboards too easily. The salesman recommended I look into the Dyna line after telling him I liked the curves. The beefy front time and forks made the Fat Bob the most confidence inspiring Dyna for me. LOVE IT!!
The quest to find the perfect bike for YOU is part of the fun. Hopefully you have a good dealer nearby

Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 PM
TBeghtol
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Thumbs up on the Fat Bob!

I just got a new 2011 Fat Bob last fall after many, many years of both Japanese and European sportbikes. Like you said, I figured it was time to slow down and enjoy the ride a little....

So, after a couple of thousand miles on the new Fat Bob I can tell you I love it. The Fat Bob handles well on curves, lots of power, and it makes me smile a lot. I commute about 40 miles each day, 5 or 6 days a week.

I think you will like it. If you have any questions, PM me.

Tim

Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

EMAX, I know what you mean. I've never owned a duc, but have had several 160/180 mph death machines, and decided I wanted to live to retirement age, not that far off.
I went with the custom, but strongly considered the bob. I imagine with the fatter front tire, it will handle better, especially in the twisties. Pick the one you feel most comfortable on and start enjoying the ride for riding's sake. The Harley will do it for you. dd50

Old 01-25-2012, 10:52 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Emax. I think the Fat Bob is a great bike. Nevil's advice is spot on. There was a thread a few weeks ago from someone who was having second thoughts on a bike he recently bought, and was trying to decide whether to trade it in (and take a big $ hit), or spend a lot of money to modify it and try and make it more like the bike he wish he bought. Point is, it makes sense to take your time and do as much research as possible before buying.

Also, are you looking to sell the Ducati or keep it and add the Harley as a second bike? If you're looking to add, I'd want the second bike to compliment the first. As an example, I bought a Dyna Low Rider in 2000 and did a lot of performance mods to it. I recently added a second bike, 2010 Road Glide and for me it is a good second bike, as the RG is great for longer rides, has a fairing, satellite radio and saddle bags.

Good luck!

Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 PM
djbiker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome from Music City Tennessee!

Old 01-25-2012, 11:13 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i love my fat bob but i would recommend that you test ride a few different models before you make up your mind. my bike is perfect for me.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:17 AM
bigbirt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided a 2011 Road Glide was the machine I wanted...and then 6 months later I tested out a 2012 Fat Bob. I wish I could have kept them both, but the mean looks and confident handling of the Dyna won me over and I traded in. The dealer was fairly nice to me considering what I had just paid them for the RG 6 months earlier...but I took a loss to be on the Fat Bob. I added rigid, lockable bags to give me some more function...and am in the process of adding a bit more power simply because I'm semi-retarded and wasn't ready to slow down that much!

Do yourself the favor of testing out a few different models...Harley is one of the few motorcycle companies that allows and encourages test rides. Take advantage of that because even if the dealer is nice, losing money sucks...

Quick Reply: Help please