Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:36 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Emax
First let's start by saying I am new to the forum and hello to everyone. Well I went to the dealer today and was looking at a 2012 dyna fat bob and was wondering what people think of the fat bob and is there any thing else I should be looking at besides the fat bob. I have never owned a HD before so this will be my first one! But I have been riding for years I currently own a Ducati street fighter and love it but as I get older I am looking for something to just cruse around on and slow me down a little. thanks for your help Emax

I was right there with you. I went in looking at a new Fat Bob b/c I wanted a bigger bike than my 1200 Custom Sportster. I liked the big front tire, dual front breaks, bulky look, etc. I then saw the wide glide and fell in love. It doesn't have dual front breaks but has a longer rake than the Fat Bob and I didn't care for the dual headlight on the fat bob. I also liked a chopped rear fender rather than a bobtail fender. Basically it's all up to you. I figured I would spend less on mods if I got the wide glide too so that helped my decision. Don't let anybody talk you into something. Get what you want and who cares what others think. You will modify it to make it your own anyway. You can't go wrong with any bike in the Dyna series. They are all beautiful pieces of machinery that will change your life. Owning a Harley is by far one of the best decisions of my life. Good luck!!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:41 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i saw a bike that was painted factory big blue pearl and that paint looks fantastic in the sun. like there are a million diamonds under the clear coat.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:12 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
That was an awesome avatar!
Thank you, I can stare at that for hours!!!

Old 01-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tOSUSteve
Thank you, I can stare at that for hours!!!
Me too! That is freakin' awesome.
As far as the op, I agree, get what you want and do to it what you want. It will be yours then. Dynas are great bikes. I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:28 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by arkstreetbob
I looked for 3 months. Did a lot of test rides. My brother has a Road King I had it for a day of riding. I like the Dyna the best and ended geting a Street Bob. I made a 3 hour to get my SB because I saved $2000. Pick out the bike you want and shop around. I love my SB.
+1 I had the same experience I had a heritage and traded it off for my street bob. No regrets.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:14 AM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I Like the FatBob and if I were looking to replace my Superglide, I would seriously consider it. Only thing I do not like is the dual headlight.