Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warm hands on cold days, finally

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 01:01 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warm hands on cold days, finally

I had put heated HD handgrips on my FXD in hopes of keeping the fingers freezing. Helped a little............... Great by themselves during milder temps (above 50 F).

Bought a pair of heated glove liners. Now these, along with the heated hand grips are pure heaven. Can't wait to try them in the 20's.

If anyone gets the heated glove liners, be sure to purchase a temp controller; you'll need it.

DougJ

Old 12-13-2006, 01:08 AM
danieldd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warm hands on cold days, finally

Glad to hear you've got a combination that works well for your hands. Me, I'd rather wait till it warms up a little. What are you doing to combat the cold against the rest of your body? Electric Vest?

Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: danieldd

Glad to hear you've got a combination that works well for your hands. Me, I'd rather wait till it warms up a little. What are you doing to combat the cold against the rest of your body? Electric Vest?
I have a cheap lightweight pair of snow pants for the legs, that fit under my chaps.

Never seem to have a problem keeping the feet warm.

Modular Full-face helmet and balaclava keep the head warm.

Slipover turtle neck keeps the throat warm.

I will probably go with an electric vest or liner to protect the upper parts, eventually.

Only need to go 20 miles or so oneway to work when it is cold. The goal is to ride the bike, and stay out of the SUV, unless it snows, etc.

DougJ

Old 12-13-2006, 02:04 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the heated jacket liner...combined with chaps, olympia cold weather moto gloves, balaclava, and a windshield, I'm almost too warm...at least until it gets below 40..then I'm perfect. Below 30 and my bike takes a rest.
I do not have a thermostat for the jacket liner...and I don't need it. I figure if it's cold enough to actually need heat, then I want it on all the time. And since then I haven't once wished I had a thermostat. Maybe it's different for the gloves...but the jacket works fine with just an on/off switch. If I start getting too warm, I just switch it off...can do it easily on the fly...There's no way HD's gonna get another 100 bucks from me for a thermostat.

Todd

Old 12-13-2006, 03:26 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: veniculum

I have the heated jacket liner...combined with chaps, olympia cold weather moto gloves, balaclava, and a windshield, I'm almost too warm...at least until it gets below 40..then I'm perfect. Below 30 and my bike takes a rest.
I do not have a thermostat for the jacket liner...and I don't need it. I figure if it's cold enough to actually need heat, then I want it on all the time. And since then I haven't once wished I had a thermostat. Maybe it's different for the gloves...but the jacket works fine with just an on/off switch. If I start getting too warm, I just switch it off...can do it easily on the fly...There's no way HD's gonna get another 100 bucks from me for a thermostat.

Todd
You absolutely need a thermostat on the glove liners, at a minimum a switch. Guys I know have burned flesh going on the cheap with glove liners.
I understand a thermostat is not absolutely necessary with the gloves, but they do get hot.

Thanks for the info on the liner,,,,,,,,,,,, I think if I get one, I'll try it without a controller, first.

DougJ

Old 12-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Helix
Tourer

God Bless Texas!
Today I rode to work in 72 degree Temp. Although it gets cold at night . Down to 44 tonight . I dont think Id make it up North riding, Screw that 20 degree **** You guys got my full respect!!

Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 PM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: Helix

God Bless Texas!
Today I rode to work in 72 degree Temp. Although it gets cold at night . Down to 44 tonight . I dont think Id make it up North riding, Screw that 20 degree **** You guys got my full respect!!

We get it all, here in Virginia............... Those 100 degree days make me head for the mountains, where I need a jacket in the summer time.

DougJ

Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 PM
gto frank
Advanced

where did you get the heated glove liners ? and how much are they . can a guy get them at a couple of different places

Old 12-14-2006, 12:38 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: gto frank

where did you get the heated glove liners ? and how much are they . can a guy get them at a couple of different places
Go here: http://cozywinters.com $70- $80 for the liners - free shipping. $70 for the controller.

Other places/manufactures sell heated glove liners, gloves, vest, chaps, jacket liners, jackets, pants, socks, etc.

I suggest doing a search for heating clothing.