Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What rear rack luggage bag are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:33 AM
KevenW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What rear rack luggage bag are you using?

I want a huge bag for the luggage rack. Mostly for out of town weekend trips. I like the kuryakyn full dresser bag, ultra tour bag, grantour bag, grantraveller, grantailgater. Not sure which would hold the most.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:22 AM
11bDad
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to check the load capacity of your rack. I don't think they are rated for more than about 10lbs. Just a thought.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:32 AM
KevenW
Tourer

Thanks, haven't thought of that! I think it's a harley rack dealer install.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:34 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

My buddy uses this bag went on a three week ride said it enough for him. http://www.tbags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=12&selectedcat=2 He has the same harley rack

Old 01-22-2012, 11:57 AM
ChopperPop
Tourer

The guy I got my bike from gave me one of those huge T bags and a smaller Cylindrical T-bag, I've never used the Big one, but if The OL and I take a day trip I toss on the Smaller one (quick detach backrest etc). It will hold a decent amount of things. I put a small lock on it for when I'm away from the bike. Both are quality and water proof. I've ridden in some downpours where cars where pulling off the road and water was gushing up to my knees and it was dry as a bone inside.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:39 PM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i use the t bags lonestar and its got all the room i need for a week of riding

Old 01-22-2012, 01:59 PM
KevenW
Tourer

What do y'all carry?

Old 01-22-2012, 03:54 PM
HDexplorer
Advanced

I do a two week road trip once a year. I do stay in cheap hotels or B&B's so dont carry a whole lot. I bought the Kuryakyn Full Dresser bag and, I think, "medium" roll bag. The dresser has a plastic container inside to mantain shape and you can protect anything fragile. Mounted on to the sissy bar it worked great. I brought along a cargo net which i used for my jacket when the temp go hot. Easy to take on and off. I also came across the HD back rest pad that clipped on to the dresser bag, worked great. On short day trips I take the roll bag, set it on the passenger pillion and clip the back rest in place. Gives me that little bit of support and I still reach the throttle comfortably. Drive like this for hours and never notice the luggage. Alot cheaper than saddle bags, less permament, no hardware and I carry it into the hotel room. Quality was good. Been on two trips and no issues so far. I liked the HD luggage but thought it was way overpriced. Everything I described above was less than half the cost of the detachable HD sissy bar, (dont get me going on that)!

Old 01-22-2012, 04:01 PM
JWitz
Tourer

I like mine...came from here...

http://www.coolsac.com/

Old 01-22-2012, 07:03 PM
jwright302
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the T bag set up, I think lone star with the 4 bar rack. It's a really nice bag with the detachable roll bag that I can carry a jacket in etc for a short ride. Eastern performance had the best prices on the bags, they're a forum sponsor and super fast shipper, I've bought tons of things from them over the years.

Quick Reply: What rear rack luggage bag are you using?