Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 download

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 06:12 PM
JCozz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 download

I've been reading through some of the threads, and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with th the stage 1 download.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:15 PM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

my dealer did it to my bike just so it would run ok til i hit 1000 miles so they can then dyno it. bike runs ok. personally dont think anything beats a good dyno.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:28 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The more your read, the more you will find out that your money is spent more wisely then the harley download.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you'll be satisfied with it. The stage I only changes the timing a bit and raises the rev limiter. You'll still be running @ 14.7 AF ratio in closed loop. Save your money and get a SE pro tuner so you can make your bike run like you want.
Billy

Old 01-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Mark5
Road Captain

I put in the KN high flow filter, hole-sawed the center plug on my stock mufflers and added Xieds. Got error codes one time, cleared them and they have not appeared again. IMHO the bike idles smoother, gas mileage average dropped about 2 mpg sometimes it is the same or better but that depends on my riding aggressiveness and has a better response throughout throttle range.....like I said IMHO with butt dyno readings. As a side note, my wife asked if I got it tuned up after I installed them. I did wait until first service was done and green-lighted the full warranty into effect. The only thing is the dealer would have to prove the Xied caused a problem if one were to occur. I am at 5,000 plus and no issues at all. Just my experience.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:27 AM
JCozz
Novice

Thanks for the advice, but I did the download anyway. I wanted to wait until my warranty was expired before I did any major changing on the bike. It worked out ok, the bike runs a whole lot better with the screamin eagle air filter and home modified baffles! If it runs this good now, I can't wait to see what it does with better engine management, a thunderheader and a dyno tune!

Old 01-21-2012, 11:24 AM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running my bike with stage one download for over 4 years with no problems. I know it can run better though so finally bit the bullet and ordered a Power Vision. I have read a lot of posts saying that all the down load does is alter timinng and up the rev limiter and I think that is BS. It also changes the VE tables slightly to compensate for the less restrictive intake. You should be fine with it until you decide what you want to do, just ride it and have fun...

Old 01-21-2012, 12:52 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by markrumsfield
I have read a lot of posts saying that all the down load does is alter timinng and up the rev limiter and I think that is BS.
+1 I have been running the download for 5 years now and I have no complaints about how my bike runs. I know I could get more power by adding a tuner, but if power was an issue for me a would have bought a metric bike for half the cost that would walk away from anything we can do to a Harley.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Redcad
Advanced

Originally Posted by Blaster
+1 I have been running the download for 5 years now and I have no complaints about how my bike runs. I know I could get more power by adding a tuner, but if power was an issue for me a would have bought a metric bike for half the cost that would walk away from anything we can do to a Harley.
I agree about the metrics, but it seems like a controller let's the engine run richer and cooler, extending it's life.
The indy shops say all Harley cares about is hitting the EPA #s, not trouble after the warranty.

Just don't know if the controller can add any new issues or just happy, trouble free riding?

Old 01-21-2012, 04:35 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not so much about gaining a couple extra horsepower. It's about having your harley run the best it can at cruising range therefore extending the life of the motor.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 download