Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 download

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 04:57 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
therefore extending the life of the motor.
Show me a single post from a person who had an engine failure running the Harley download that was caused by the download.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

I know two Techs who work for dealers and operate their own after hour shops.
They tell me that the down load is the most relieable way to go for most riders.
They only recomend the auto tunners if your racing and have money to burn.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think that's what he was saying. He can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he was making the point that the bike will still be lean with the download. So, all things being equal a properly running engine should last longer, but not many of us will ever put enough miles on one of these engines to find out.

Originally Posted by Blaster
Show me a single post from a person who had an engine failure running the Harley download that was caused by the download.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:19 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior

I wouldn't listen to anything the average dealer tech has to say. For the most part, they are parts swappers, nothing more. In my experience, many of them have little if any knowledge regarding aftermarket ( non HD ) performance products. I was thinking of replacing my PCV with the TTS and the 2 guys at the local dealer I spoke to didn't even know what it was. They are brainwashed and programmed to tow the Harley line and nothing else.

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
I know two Techs who work for dealers and operate their own after hour shops.
They tell me that the down load is the most relieable way to go for most riders.
They only recomend the auto tunners if your racing and have money to burn.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:59 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master

Originally Posted by nathanw
I wouldn't listen to anything the average dealer tech has to say.
In a nutshell that is why I have a pet peeve with these tuner threads. Why would you tell someone to never listen to a tech that was trained by the manufacture, instead get all your mechanical advise off the internet posted by a bunch of anonymous people who never post any credentials to prove they are qualified to give advise.

Getting off soap box now. Sorry to hi jack thread.

Last edited by PoCoBob; 01-21-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:59 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 861 Posts

I don't know about all the above, but I just did a Stage One (SE airbox, V&H Twin Slash slip ons) with the dealer download, on my new 2011 FXDC, and my bike runs GREAT and a lot cooler too. After wasting time and money on a Power Commander on my last bike, I wouldn't put one of those on anything I own again. I think the dealer download is $$$$$ well spent, and I recommend it.
I'm very happy with just the download. It is definitely cooler, maybe because I lost the cats when I put the slipons on, but the bike runs cooler now for sure.Everybody says the dealer download is a waste of money, but I think for the simple stage one upgrade it's perfect. At least for me.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

I would love to have the TTS Master tune but $900.00 bucks plus dyno time isn't happening any time soon. Been out of work for over a year now.
The Indy I go to says TTS is the only tunner worth having if I was to go that route.
Show me a bunch of burnted up PCV tunners and said save your money and go with the down load.

Last edited by Chicago Ken; 01-21-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:11 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior

TTS is less than $500 and there is no need for a dyno tune with it.

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
I would love to have the TTS Master tune but $900.00 bucks plus dyno time isn't happening any time soon. Been out of work for over a year now.
The Indy I go to says TTS is the only tunner worth having if I was to go that route.
Show me a bunch of burnted up PCV tunners and said save your money and go with the down load.

For exactly that reason, they were trained by the manufacturer to push HD's inferior products. There is a massive amount of information about this, it only takes a little research. My opinion is just that, an opinion, but it is based on facts that are easily verified by anyone. What you conclude after doing your own research is up to you. If I want my tires swapped I'll talk to a "factory trained tech" if I want performance I'll talk to someone that actually knows how to make a Harley perform.
Why would you tell someone to never listen to a tech that was trained by the manufacture

Last edited by nathanw; 01-21-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master

Originally Posted by nathanw

For exactly that reason, they were trained by the manufacturer to push HD's inferior products. .
I guess the jokes on all of us. They tricked us into buying one of their inferior products.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior

Believe whatever you want, I couldn't care less. The OP asked for opinions and that's what he got. Funny thing, but that's how forums are supposed to work.

I guess the jokes on all of us. They tricked us into buying one of their inferior products.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 download