Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Stage 1 SE Air Cleaner... Wow

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 01:14 PM
craig11dyna
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Stage 1 SE Air Cleaner... Wow

When I purchased my 2011 Dyna Super Glide I had Screaming Eagle slip-ons put on at the dealer. Since then I added Xied's to correct the lean condition and let it run cooler. Yesterday I finished the Stage 1 by adding the SE A/C and took it for a ride. The results are impressive. Not only is it faster and more responsive but it sounds throatier then before. I love the added performance and sound. The install was fairly straight forward. The only issue was the little clip they give you to hold the wire to the back-plate. It comes with double sided tape and it came of when I tried to put the wire into the clip so I used a zip-tie to attach it to the wire that goes to the throttle body.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:33 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

What do the XIED's do for you when you're running in open-loop? Like above 30% throttle?

Opening up the intake and exhaust does help performance quite a bit for sure...

Old 01-18-2012, 01:36 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,522 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by craig11dyna
When I purchased my 2011 Dyna Super Glide I had Screaming Eagle slip-ons put on at the dealer. Since then I added Xied's to correct the lean condition and let it run cooler. Yesterday I finished the Stage 1 by adding the SE A/C and took it for a ride. The results are impressive. Not only is it faster and more responsive but it sounds throatier then before. I love the added performance and sound. The install was fairly straight forward. The only issue was the little clip they give you to hold the wire to the back-plate. It comes with double sided tape and it came of when I tried to put the wire into the clip so I used a zip-tie to attach it to the wire that goes to the throttle body.
Congratulations but I'm sorry to say you're not "finished". I would dump the Xied & put on some fuel management, PC, Thundermax, whatever to get it rich enough.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Maclugie
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

and get it dyno'd.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:02 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your never finished....

Old 01-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Jlongshore
Tourer

I just ordered my S.E. stage 1 kit today. U got me stoked!!! I can't wait to get mine on.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM
craig11dyna
Tourer

Originally Posted by golfblues
Congratulations but I'm sorry to say you're not "finished". I would dump the Xied & put on some fuel management, PC, Thundermax, whatever to get it rich enough.
LOL. Like rooti said your never finished but it runs really well and I am not inclined to spend more on a more sophisticated tune. Now if any issues like pinging or popping arise then I will have to.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:52 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Get an autotune then you don't need a dyno and make more changes and let it adjust itself.
I dumped my Xieds and it made a big difference.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,522 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by craig11dyna
LOL. Like rooti said your never finished but it runs really well and I am not inclined to spend more on a more sophisticated tune. Now if any issues like pinging or popping arise then I will have to.
Just get a PCV from Fuelmoto. $300 well spent & the program they give you will be right on. And free lifetime updates, a no brainer.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:08 AM
AFHarley
Cruiser

I'm interested to see where this thread goes...

Quick Reply: Just installed Stage 1 SE Air Cleaner... Wow