Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another 2 into 1 thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:35 PM
arkstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Suppertrapp with billet open end cap. Super deep sound and it works well for me.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:51 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
I wanted it all, in no specific order:

* Performance
* Appearance
* Sound
* Quality
* Finish
* Equal or close to equal length head pipes
* Full single piece heat shields
* Minimum amount of joints
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

= D&D FatCat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_AC2Yww4I
I wanted too improve what the V Twin is good for (low end torque), so I researched all the 2 into 1 pipes, also listened to them in person except the D&D FatCat. At the time not too many bikes with the FatCat so out of all the bike events and shows that I went to, I never saw one. I'm on my third set of pipes. First set stock pipes, second set D&D FatCat with the standard baffle (Crashed), third set D&D FatCat with the quiet baffle.

I guess I would have to say I'm one of the ones that doesn't care for the Thunderheader. I don't like the three piece heat shields that only partially cover the head pipes.

The D&D FatCat looks like a cleaner set up because they have two head pipe heat shields, one continuous shield that covers the head pipe from the head to the collector on each head pipe. The only exposed joints on the D&D FatCat are right where the collector and baffle connect.

Also The D&D FatCat's head pipes are much closer to equal length then the Thunderheader. I don't understand why the Thunderheader has a longer rear cylinder head pipe, usually you would want equal length head pipes so the cylinders can be more balanced and breath the same.

When I was looking for an exhaust set up I wanted it all, fit, finish, and performance. I looked at all the 2 into 1's (January 2006) and in my "opinion" the D&D FatCat was one of the better quality set ups out there.

For a two into one pipe with a bobbed look: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...1-Exhaust.aspx
Like "powerlab's" bike below. Looks like a nice set up, but they should have put the oxygen sensors on the back side of the pipe.
Originally Posted by powerlab
I went with the comp series with my 103 build...i love it and it runs real strong..

Bassani Road Rage 1D5250
Originally Posted by jpace024

Old 01-17-2012, 05:38 AM
STREETWALKER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did research and like the t header, d and d fat cat or LSR one from RB racing. Others have also mentioned very popular and good products above. I got the LSR one and I am happy. Mounting system could be better is my only complaint. Good luck!

Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 AM
perryross
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts