Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hawg halters chrome triple tree

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 12:14 PM
RichardH
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrini23
@RichardH
Nice looking chromed version...
Just a quick question?
I've a chrome plating factory near to my home where I live...What they had to tell me was that HD uses a special chrome plating called "Hexavalent" plating so this usually lasts for life whereas most of the chrome plating company does "Trivalent" plating which usually lasts for 7-8 yrs until it starts turning yellowish...

Is there a way can you pls get an info on which kinda plating that they did for your TT
I had the same question for the shop that chromed my trees and headlamp. The shop I went with does use hexavalent chrome. I was surprised that they did because I am in California and from what I understand the environmentalists are trying to ban the stuff. You can call the shop if you like. One of the guys in this forum recommended the shop and I am glad he did. The place is called Classic Components, South Bay Chrome. Other people have recommended Browns Plating in Kentucky. There are so many techniques to chrome plating. Everyone has their favorites. Copper, nickel, chrome. Nickel, copper, nickel, chrome etc. etc. I think the better finishes are the ones where the plater puts effort into the polishing process but who knows. These guys have a 26 step process. I doubt Harley has anything near this but I still think they (HD) have good chrome.
http://classiccomponents.com/plating-process