Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ISO grips

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO grips

Bought these Kuryakyn grips to replace the grips I have now. Good price and condition. No instructions to install. Any tips/how-to's? Thanks

Last edited by Austin Dave; 12-24-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:34 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Honestly none needed. Pretty straight forward. Install throttle side first, this way u see the position so when u glue down the left grip they will match.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Austin Dave
Road Master

Originally Posted by pontiac69
Honestly none needed. Pretty straight forward. Install throttle side first, this way u see the position so when u glue down the left grip they will match.
Hmm....glue,what kind? (rubber, silicone, Goop?) I though 2-sided tape would do the job. My left grip is glued? How do I remove that grip if glued down? Glad I asked. Thanks

Old 01-10-2012, 12:51 AM
nexeradg
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't forget to loosen your throttle cables and watch out for those brass ferrules. I used electrical tape instead of glue. Much easier to remove and less messy. Some people cut the left grip off, but you can use a screwdriver and stick it down the grip to work the glue off.

Last edited by nexeradg; 01-10-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Add
Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have the stock grip on now and dont care about it just slice it with a razor and peel it off. Then remove the excess glue before installing a the new one. If you dont have stock grips, they may come off by removing the switch housing. Some grips lock in like a cam onto the switch housing. But i know Kury Iso grips glue on the left side. As for the glue to use. Use grip glue. Silicone wont hold. Nor will double sided tape. The glue will allow you to slide the grip on and position it. If you used double sided tape you wont be able to slide the grip on.
Also be carful with the 2 ferrules on the throttle side. Just loosen the 2 jam nuts and back the cables off slightly so there is slack in the line.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/documents/in...-25HD-0211.pdf

Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Austin Dave
Road Master

Thanks for the instruction pdf. I've decided to buy new ISO premium grips and will sell the grips in the photo. Very-much like the idea of the throttle palm assist.
There is a 'trick' to using double-sided tape that may not be well known. Once the tape is wrapped around the bar, the next thing to do is douse both the tape outer sticky side and the inside of the grip with a solvent. The solvent, something like lighter fluid/similar, gives enough slippery time to slip on the grip and adjust it. The solvent will dry quickly and the grip is stuck forever. I've changed hundreds of golf-club grips and the tape is a permanent bond. The only way to have a chance to un-stick it is to inject solvent between the grip and the tape and work it until it loosens, if it does. Otherwise it's never coming off unless it's cut off.
Thank you. I appreciate the help.
Dave

Old 01-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master

Purchased a pair of Kury ISO Premium grips from a company in Wis that I found on ebay. A few pennies under $62 w/free USPS Priority shipping! Will receive in the mail Friday or Saturday.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master

New throttle-boss grips installed. They look good and should be better against vibration then what was on there. Left grip wasn't glued on, just captured in switch clamp. I glued the new grip on. Old grips may be an older Kury model. Not sure if it's supposed to be a 'leather' but the bottom has lacing.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hair spray works just as good if not better than any grip glue.only thing I have ever used

Old 01-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master

Aqua-Net? That stuff has been around forever.....

Quick Reply: ISO grips