Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the best place to get a rear turn signal relocation bracket like this and

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 667 Posts
Default Where is the best place to get a rear turn signal relocation bracket like this and...

the detachable hardware I will need to add the hard saddlebags I have to my detachable backrest. There has got to be a cheaped place for these turn signal relocation brakets than 70 bucks in black. Also what is the part number and where to get the additional harware to make my bags (detachable hard bags) work with the detachable backrest (2006 superglide). Thanks gentlemen.

Attached Thumbnails Where is the best place to get a rear turn signal relocation bracket like this and-tsstld-03b.jpg  
Old 01-06-2012, 05:25 AM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

When I installed the quick detach docking hardware on my 07 Lowrider I did not move the directionals. Instead I changed the rear bolt of the docking kit to thread into the directional housing. Run the bolt from inside the fender and remove the extension piece from the signal. Now just screw the housing onto tbe bolt and you are done. Directionals stay in the same spot and they don't stick out any further then stock. Cost is a couple of bucks for the bolts I picked up at a
local indy... Another option which I did last winter to clean up the rear of the bike was to eliminate the directionals all together and the big ugly tail light. I replaced them with the low profile led D2Moto tail light with the integrated turn signals. Works great and easy to install. Price was really inexpensive and it really cleans up the rear nicely.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

I removed my turn sigs, center brake light and replaced the stock fender with a smooth on. Then I picked up an LED run/turn/brake light setup from Custom Dynamics and installed it along the bottom edge of my fender, the smoked (white/gray) line on my fender. The whole thing lights up when the bike is running, brightens up when the brake is applied and 50% (left or right side) flashes when the sig is activated. I also added a side mounted Model A lamp to the license plate bracket for extra measure. And yes, I only have one bag used on the bike, it is off or on depending on if I need it or not. You can see everything in my sig pic.

I do plan on installing a longer dresser/Switchback style rear fender in the future so I can have two bags on the bike when needed. This fender will have a plate bracket and light housing set up kinda like the one found on the Street Glide.

Good luck finding what you need to get your bike looking the way you want it to.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks for what you guys did but that is not what I am looking for. I already have a led tailight and turn signals.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
the detachable hardware I will need to add the hard saddlebags I have to my detachable backrest. There has got to be a cheaped place for these turn signal relocation brakets than 70 bucks in black. Also what is the part number and where to get the additional harware to make my bags (detachable hard bags) work with the detachable backrest (2006 superglide). Thanks gentlemen.
Hate to say it, but 70 is probably a damn good price for that part especially powdercoated already. Doubt you will find it much cheaper.
Even if you made your own, it would probably cost 35 just to PC.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 AM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
Thanks for what you guys did but that is not what I am looking for. I already have a led taillight and turn signals.
Since you already have the led setup and want to keep the signals the price for the bracket is fair. As I stated in my earlier post I left my signals in the original location and just purchased 2 grade 8 bolts from an indy shop and mounted them that way....Cost was a couple of bucks and it was very easy to do. I believe my signature pic shows them in their original location with the docking kit installed. Good luck and I hope you get them setup the way you want them...

Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by bobnehoc
Since you already have the led setup and want to keep the signals the price for the bracket is fair. As I stated in my earlier post I left my signals in the original location and just purchased 2 grade 8 bolts from an indy shop and mounted them that way....Cost was a couple of bucks and it was very easy to do. I believe my signature pic shows them in their original location with the docking kit installed. Good luck and I hope you get them setup the way you want them...
Do you have any close up pics of how you did this, it sound interesting.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bobnehoc
When I installed the quick detach docking hardware on my 07 Lowrider I did not move the directionals. Instead I changed the rear bolt of the docking kit to thread into the directional housing. Run the bolt from inside the fender and remove the extension piece from the signal. Now just screw the housing onto tbe bolt and you are done. Directionals stay in the same spot and they don't stick out any further then stock. Cost is a couple of bucks for the bolts I picked up at a
local indy... Another option which I did last winter to clean up the rear of the bike was to eliminate the directionals all together and the big ugly tail light. I replaced them with the low profile led D2Moto tail light with the integrated turn signals. Works great and easy to install. Price was really inexpensive and it really cleans up the rear nicely.

I think I get what you are saying now. So instead of having the turn signals mounted to the back detach mount with the linger bolts they will move to the back bolt on the strut. That is a good idea if it will fit with the hard bags

Old 01-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a piece of 1" strap, drilled, bent in vice, rounded the corners and spray painted. It moves the signals back out of the way so I can put detachable bags on.

I almost went with this but I'm cheap like that....
http://store.hardstreet.com/tusirebr.html

Attached Thumbnails Where is the best place to get a rear turn signal relocation bracket like this and-2010-07-24-21.21.31.jpg   Where is the best place to get a rear turn signal relocation bracket like this and-2010-07-24-21.21.44.jpg   Where is the best place to get a rear turn signal relocation bracket like this and-2010-07-25-12.26.04.jpg  
Old 01-07-2012, 04:16 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 777
I got a piece of 1" strap, drilled, bent in vice, rounded the corners and spray painted. It moves the signals back out of the way so I can put detachable bags on.

I almost went with this but I'm cheap like that....
http://store.hardstreet.com/tusirebr.html
Keep an eye on that bent strap. Being a CAS myself I tried that for a while, lasted about 3 months and I lost a turn signal going down the road. Broke off at the bend.

Quick Reply: Where is the best place to get a rear turn signal relocation bracket like this and