Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I may be a first but here goes

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012 | 07:15 PM
molson9
Advanced

I'm 55 got an 08 FXDC, I've got a little over 50K on. I loved her in 08 and feel the same today! If I was buying a dyna today I would look real hard at the switch back. Love them floor boards. Actually been looking at the $500 kit to add them to my ride. I think the answer is to have two bikes, maybe I will get a Roadglide custom or Ultra for the touring and strip my Dyna back down to bar next. Hope that helps

Last edited by molson9; 01-09-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2012 | 12:34 PM
HDRealtor
Stage III
Default Dyna and age

I just got my first Harley, a Dyna at 27. My first bike was a kawasaki 750 sport and my wife thought I was too young for a harley so the age thing resonates with me. She loves the harley 100 times more than the kawasaki now. I told her, you can't see yourself when you ride so who cares how you look. Comfort and pleasure are what I always go for. I have kept my kawasaki for the 4 months since I have had my Dyna but I have yet to get any sort of urge to ride it. I only want to ride my Dyna. Ride what makes you feel best is my thought. I am already looking for locking hard bag options so I can go farther and longer with the wife on back. I think I will never go back to a sports bike, I can tell you that much!

Old 01-15-2012 | 12:43 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

If I have another DYNA....it'll be an EVO one. That's just me.

~Joe

Old 01-15-2012 | 01:02 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

Sportster to Softail to Dyna no regret, the best handling bike. Yes, I have ridden touring but it isn't my style.

Old 01-15-2012 | 01:04 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior

Yea, 53 years old and love my Street Bob.....

Old 01-15-2012 | 01:30 PM
RichardH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 6 gun
Ok I may be the first to ask this but here goes.
Have any of you dyna guys came off of a touring
bike to go to a dyna ,or back to a dyna?
I had a 2000 fxdwg that was totaled out after a
very bad wreck. Now, not a day goes by that I
don't miss her. She was a fine bike, I loved her and
she loved me. What to do What to do, I feel like I am
too young for a bagger but at 53 I am too old for a
dyna? How about a middle aged Switch back what are
your thoughts
Like you I am cruising through my 50s. The Switchback looks like a great bike. Never rode one but it is perfect for a smaller framed person. It is a light touring bike that you can strip down to a cool looking, lighter sport bike. I love my 09 Electra Glide for long trips. The tour pack and luggage bags allow me to carry pleanty. I love the bat wing fairing and stereo. The bike rides like a cadillac. It is a heavy bike though. I also love my 2011 Superglide. I always wanted a Dyna so last year I traded in my softail for the FXDC. I enjoy driving the Dyna as much as the bagger. It is quicker and (more importantly) lighter than my bagger. The bike is a ball to tool around with on the back roads. If you are asking what bike I would keep if I could only keep one it would be a tough decision. Probably keep the Electra Glide. Oh, your not to young for a bagger. Not sure why people think that but to each his (or her) own.

Old 01-15-2012 | 06:02 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Isn't it nice, that you can move back and forth...no rules....as desires, wnats, etc. change, you can do the same with the wheels.

Ii have a Touring bike now that I traded a Superglide in on...and if later down the road, I want another change, I can do so.

~Joe

Old 01-15-2012 | 10:10 PM
ro9beam2002
Cruiser

42 years old, 6'4" tall and 255lbs and really enjoy my 2002 fxdxt... still very comfortable with the mids,highway pegs, pulling out the choke in the morning... adjusting the windshield, and putting my work clothes in the expandable bags... even have an original set of fxdp boards still sitting in the box.. enjoying the mids too much to change them out just yet.

heck i get excited the night before when i know i will be riding in the morning to work..lol

Old 01-16-2012 | 04:07 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

traded in a heritage softail for my dyna streetbob and I havent looked back. I rode a 625 mile day last summer . I felt so good that when I got where I was going I took off for a 70 mile ride with friends. I could never have done that on the heritage. I love the heritage , but for me the dyna is better. Im 48 , have broken my back when I was 19 and have CP also. If I can ride as beat up as I am anyone can ride one of these. All day long comfort at 80 mph with a full face helmet on . I love it.

Old 01-16-2012 | 05:02 AM
iMav
Intermediate

When I want nibble and quick, I ride my ZRX1200R. It is also setup as a sport tourer, so can also eat up a ton of miles (aftermarket seat, luggage, handlebar risers, taller windscreen, GPS, etc).

My lowrider I use, primarily, for more leisurely rides in the country and around town. However, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take the FXDL on a cross country trip if that is the bike I wanted with me. I can always throw some saddles bags on and strap stuff to the QR backrest. (I have a small windscreen to take the wind blast off my chest).

Ride what you most enjoy. You can accomidate different riding scenarios on pretty much any bike (as long as it all involves paved roads, that is).

Quick Reply: I may be a first but here goes