Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I may be a first but here goes

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012 | 02:05 PM
RockyNC
Cruiser
Default Simple answer is

One of both. I am 58 and have a bagger and a dyna. Both have their uses. One is my daily to work and back and the other is for the long haul.

Old 01-05-2012 | 02:36 PM
Harley Tim
Road Master

I'm 60, and ride an '06 Superglide. Ride the he!! out of it! 120+K mi. on the clock. But I spent some bucks getting it where I want it.

I do a lot of commuting (80+ mi. a day) and 2-3 trips a year. That being said, If I knew then what I know now, I'd be riding a Road King Classic.

Still admire the RK, and plan on getting one soon. But, there's no way I'll ever part with the Superglide. They're just too damn much fun to ride!

I have it "baged", wind screened, passing lights and FLD foot boards but everything is QD so it comes off easy for a cleaner look when I get to my destination.

Kind of like an earlier version of the FLD. And, it's not bad on a longer trip. (350-400) per day 3-4 days out and back.

Best wishes...Tim(HT)

Old 01-05-2012 | 02:49 PM
rpbrown
Road Warrior

I go back and forth. I have an Ultra and a wide glide. Usually on the WG when by myself or the wife is on hers but on the ultra when 2 up and on trips

Old 01-05-2012 | 03:16 PM
mattkenzie
Road Master

Sounds like the SB will be a great fi for you.

Old 01-05-2012 | 03:34 PM
MADHOG
Road Master

Too old for the bagger? I’m in my “young” 50s and the Limited is used for work, weekend runs, whatever. I’m only 5’8” and really don’t have any major issues with handling the beast. Of course the Lowdown seat helps and 1” lower shocks would be a plus but that’s not a show stopper. There are times I wouldn’t mind having a Dyna also just for daily running but can’t really afford both, as of now. For my personal use (if I had to take just one) it would be my Limited.

BL, I don’t look at any of the model bikes as too young or old, it’s what you want and screw what anyone else thinks.

Last edited by MADHOG; 01-05-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2012 | 04:53 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

61 here and rode a Street Glide a while and changed to a Road Glide. Both were nice but often felt I was just along for the ride with them. Totally different with my FXDC. I ride it and feel I am in control of the ride, now. To me the rides are much more fun now, and I'm not in as much of a hurry to get to my destinations. tp/dd50

Old 01-05-2012 | 06:08 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jimmy z
I'm 49,and for the last five years rode a '06 Road King Classic.Last month I sold it to my brother in law and bought a '12 Street Bob.I really loved the RKC,but was getting a little board with it.Most of my riding is local,not to much touring and always ride solo.I wanted to try something a little lighter and sportier.I think the Dyna SB is just what I want and need.And if things don't work out w/it,no big deal,sell it and find what I want......But I don't think that's going to happen for a long time!
Ditto! I have had my 2010 RK for a year now and really like riding it. BUT....!
There is no sportiness at all to the FLH series. You can turn them into New School or Old School. They are great for the "long haul"

But man there are days that I really miss my 09VRod - It was fast and diff
and "FUN TO RIDE"!!!!!!!!!

I do not know if I'll get another VRod but I would consider a Dyna - I spend time on the Dyna forum following you guys and there are some really cool bikes here, I especially like the OldSchool look that is popular with Dyna

This is one of my favorites:

Attached Thumbnails I may be a first but here goes-110320104542308778.jpg  
Old 01-05-2012 | 08:34 PM
mrnone
Road Master

I mold

Last edited by mrnone; 01-08-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-05-2012 | 08:40 PM
XjldX
Road Captain

I'm 32, 5'7" and about 160 pounds. I am not what most would consider "old, tall, or big" enough for a bagger, but I rode a Road Glide until I traded it in for my FXD. I loved the big bike, but it didn't make sense for my normal ride. I commute about 15 minutes to and from work and on my days off, I do a do runs that are usually only a few hours at most. The rest is all just around town riding. I'd say ride whatever you will enjoy the most. I think too few riders think about what the bike actually has to offer besides looks and style. I wanted a bike that I could easily manuver and park in tight spots in the city. The bagger wasn't the right bike for that. That beig said, if I ever decide to cross the country in my bike, I'll certainly miss the Road Glide!

Ride what you like and keep the shiny side up!

Old 01-05-2012 | 09:30 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member

I rode a new bagger this year for a bit. most boring *** bike I have ever been on , I was so happy to hop back on my wideglide I was pissing myself

Quick Reply: I may be a first but here goes