Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What kind of helmet do you wear
Half
29.92%
Full Face
44.04%
Open Face or 3/4
19.39%
None at all
6.65%
Voters: 361. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of helmet and we riding with?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 07:23 PM
V-Twin
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

For around town I wear a flat black Harley Half Helmet. For day trips or longer I wear a flat black AFX Full Face with custom pinstriping.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:20 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by gadianton3
How is the venting in the M30? All of the Unknown guys wear those. I love how they look 😃👍.

This is the first FF I've ever ridden. I got this helmet specifically because my ride to and from work sucks. I'm on the NJ Turnpike for part of the ride (20~25 min). The trucks kick up so much crap it's like riding in a sandstorm sometimes...lots of marble-sized rocks too. So, I finally said F this, I'm getting a FF...

I think the venting is perfectly fine - it's no sweatbox...at least not yet. We'll see what happens this summer.

I'm sure there are quieter FF helmets out there, but the M30 is alot quieter than the 1/2 helmets I'm used too, so I'm happy, lol!

In cool weather (45F or so), the visor will fog a little at traffic lights if you have it closed completely and latched. On cool mornings I don't close & latch it until I'm out on a freeway and moving. I guess I'm just used to having some air in my face, maybe?

Old 05-24-2015, 10:46 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

All of the ones mentioned including none if state laws allow. Each have their place.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:37 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfree700grizzly
So many people don't wear a helmet seams dumb to me!! Glad it's u not me! I wear a full for most riding and half for the 1 month of nice weather we have. I like life so I have no issue on wearing a helmet. I'm not to cool for safety.
helmet just means you might have a better chance of surviving the first bounce.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:50 AM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfree700grizzly
So many people don't wear a helmet seams dumb to me!! Glad it's u not me! I wear a full for most riding and half for the 1 month of nice weather we have. I like life so I have no issue on wearing a helmet. I'm not to cool for safety.

Really? Not wearing a helmet is dumb? You clearly don't know the difference between the words "seam" and "seem"? Who's the f'n dummy?

Old 05-25-2015, 07:45 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I m very surprised to see that there are a lot of full-face wearers...highest in the poll.

Usually when a guy asks about a windshield for the bike they get told to "drive a cage" or some other azzhole remark. Hopefully it's not from a guy who wears a "cage" on their head. lol

My wife and I wear carbon fiber Skull Crush half helmets...the ones that were supposedly DOT certified and then later labeled as non DOT.

She won't wear it the right way so it always looks like it's blowing off her head!

Old 05-25-2015, 11:01 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

When I started riding again, I bought a very expensive full face modular and a couple of cheaper half-helmets. I have worn the modular helmet only a half-dozen times over the past three years because, IMHO, it just sucks to ride with that much **** around my head and compromises the full grinning in the wind flying down the road experience. That expensive helmet sits on a shelf in my office collecting dust...

My cheaper half helmets are a MoCo brand and Fulmer, and they are my go-to helmets. The MoCo is heavier than the Fulmer so I wear the Fulmer most of the time. I have had them a couple of years and they have been dropped a few times and have had some pretty good hits from road debris and now are pretty beat up so I just bought a new Skid Lid half helmet on sale...it's still the dreaded mushroomhead but it fits OK but I just cannot stand to wear a full face helmet...and I am so-so with 3/4 helmets...

Old 07-04-2016, 04:49 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I know how old this thread is I do t care. I have a few helmets this LS2 is my first FF.

Attached Thumbnails What kind of helmet and we riding with?-image.jpeg  
Old 07-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Doc4545
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 33 Posts

I just picked up a Biltwell Gringo S (this has the flip up shield). It reminds me of the old Bell Star from the 70s. Really like it, I also have a Scorpion ff and a Fulmer V2 3/4 (different than the one I have for sale in the marketplace).

As I get older I just like a ff more than any other style. The Biltwell has great airflow and allows air to come up under it to help with cooling.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:29 PM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I use the Biltwell Gringo too. Mine is the clip on screen version though. The flip version wasnt out when I bought my Gringo.

Quick Reply: What kind of helmet and we riding with?