Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removable sissy bar and bags?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:24 PM
offbeatmammal
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Removable sissy bar and bags?

the joy of a second hand bike and trying to work out what I can do...

so... my 05 Low Rider has this hardware in the attachment on the back
and I'm trying to work out what options this means I have for a removable sissy bar and bags.

It appears that there's a mounting of some sort on the brace but I've not been able to find pics that match / help me make sense of it yet...

Sissy Bar: this is more for comfort for my (12yo) daughter and peace of mind for her Mum Not a huge fan of the look but for the occasions where I make a trip with the kiddo when we've got an overnighter will be nice to have something for her to lean against and somewhere to strap an extra bag (ideally combined sissy with rack...)

Bags: again, probably not something I'd have on all day every day (if it's just me for work commute I sling on a backpack with my laptop in) so something removable would be great, but I can live with them being on more than off if I can sling a bag with laptop in. As long as they're big enough to take overnight stuff for us, along with snacks and wet weather gear I'm happy. Ideally not requiring a move for the indicators

Old 01-03-2012, 12:46 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I couldnt open the attachement so not sure what you have. When I bought my used FXDC, it already had the HD bags bolted on. So I changed it to easy brackets so could take them off. Also, I added a detach sissybar, with docking hardward. Make sure the easy brackets is the one that allows the attachable sissybar.

All easy on and off. Only downside is you have the easy brackets studs extending a bit, but not a big deal for me. In this pic, you can see how far the studs extend.

Attached Thumbnails Removable sissy bar and bags?-harley-unpack.jpg  

Last edited by DonN; 01-03-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:00 AM
offbeatmammal
Advanced

hmmm. not sure what happened to the pic - this link should work http://twitpic.com/82ebtt/full

looks like I've got some sort of mounting hardware on there, just going to have to keep looking around for something that fits and looks right

Old 01-03-2012, 02:18 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I am guessing its for a detachable sissybar. If it were for both sissy bar and bags, would be longer and you could see two grooves where the rails would seat into plus would need to relocate the turn signals. Maybe the dealer can identify what fits into it. Too bad the previous owner didnt offer to sell.

This is a crappy picture. but you can just make out how the sissybar sits into the studs.

Attached Thumbnails Removable sissy bar and bags?-bassani.jpg  

Last edited by DonN; 01-03-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:05 AM
offbeatmammal
Advanced

yeah, spoke to the dealer I got it from but he'd not got bags/bars or anything else when he got it. no rush so I'll just keep looking around - thanks

Old 01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Scrooge
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DonN
I am guessing its for a detachable sissybar. If it were for both sissy bar and bags, would be longer and you could see two grooves where the rails would seat into plus would need to relocate the turn signals.
Second that. My StreetBob has detachable sissybar + fixed bags. Because of the bags the turn signals have been relocated.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by offbeatmammal
yeah, spoke to the dealer I got it from but he'd not got bags/bars or anything else when he got it. no rush so I'll just keep looking around - thanks
Since your not in a rush, you might want to wait for our new Dyna bags that are coming soon, they don't require turn signal relocation and will work with your setup.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Old 01-04-2012, 01:11 PM
KevenW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely a detachable setup for bags or sissy bar. Looks like for easy brackets. looks like a metal spacer between the spool and strut brace on the rear. My ghost brackets use washers, I think ready brackets use a spacer. I'm gonna say they're for easy bracket bag setup but maybe ghost brackets, which are called a different name now but I can't think of it...

Last edited by KevenW; 01-04-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm liking that TB-3980 tour pack on your site for my FLD.
The braids would match my mustang seat trim and the inlay is similar to the HD heritage pak which i like a lot...hmmm

Do you offer any forum discount too?

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
Since your not in a rush, you might want to wait for our new Dyna bags that are coming soon, they don't require turn signal relocation and will work with your setup.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Old 01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
KevenW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's alan jackson! Lol

Quick Reply: Removable sissy bar and bags?