Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z&M???? Say it isn't so....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 04:33 PM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Z&M???? Say it isn't so....

Read on another thread that Z&M Harley Davidson in Greensburg Pa. is closing down. Is this true? I love that place. Bought my new Dyna there in June. Those guys were great. Still... when I go to buy parts, or my wife buying clothes, everyone is super nice and helpful. Would be a damn shame if they closed up. Anyone here connected to the grapevine? would really like to know if this is fact.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:28 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't know, but I can't recall ever seeing this many reported HD closings. It's beginning to reach epidemic proportions.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:58 PM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, I really hope that this is a rumor. I love that store. When I bought my Dyna, my salesman asked me if I ever owned a HD and if I did my own maintenence. Yes, it was my first HD, (had close to 20 Honda's prior) and yes I do my own work. He took about 3 hours of his time and explained to me almost every nut and bolt on my bike. You could tell that he really loved the product he was selling and he wanted the owner to be as informed as he could be. It was a great day. Not only did I get the most beautiful bike I've ever seen (IMO), I felt like I made some freinds.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:27 PM
sleepy_sleeper
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess the market is really starting to catch up with some HD dealers... Hopefully they can adjust to the new powersports market in a down economy.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:44 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that does suck! I haven't heard any rumors yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. Zanottis hd closing due to retirement, crossroads hd shutdown, blockers hd switched to new owners now it's keystone hd. I'm thinking something bigs gonna happen soon.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:40 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Man it says a lot when a store that requires $1,000,000 in collateral to just the MoCo to talk to someone about opening a dealership has to close its doors for good. Hopefully, this year people will wake up and make the changes needed to get our economy back on track and some of these dealers will be able to reopen their doors and some others will have the ability to open new doors.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:41 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't you listen to Obama and the Fed and our federal legislators? They say the recession is over.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:05 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by kennygsuperglide
Man, I really hope that this is a rumor. I love that store. When I bought my Dyna, my salesman asked me if I ever owned a HD and if I did my own maintenence. Yes, it was my first HD, (had close to 20 Honda's prior) and yes I do my own work. He took about 3 hours of his time and explained to me almost every nut and bolt on my bike. You could tell that he really loved the product he was selling and he wanted the owner to be as informed as he could be. It was a great day. Not only did I get the most beautiful bike I've ever seen (IMO), I felt like I made some freinds.

I hate to say it but what you said (in red) may be the reason they are going. A retail store of any kind that takes that much time, may make us, the customer, feel good, but it will kill the profit bottom line.

Sales people are suppose to sell, service writers are suppose to sell service and techs are suppose to bill labor hours. That is how and why they are paid.

No one is being paid to educate us in detail about the product we were sold. After 43 years in sales and 27 of then in a highly technical healthcare industry, I have had to learn just how long to spend, before I start to lose money. Some folks will listen as long as you speak.

Not wanting to be negative or even suggest that the above is what is happening to your dealer, but in today's economy, there is a fine line between success and failure, and it is way too easy to unknowingly cross it . tp

Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
WideGlideRide011
Advanced

I live in Greensburg and my buddy Zach is a service guy there...i do not think this is true...i was up there during the holidays and seen no sign of this and have seen my friend out at the bars lately and he hasn't said anything about this and he definitely would it it was true. And also Z&M was the number one dealership for sales last year so they do great business... I have heard the rumor of Hot Metal closing down in Pittsburgh maybe thats what your talking about

Old 01-07-2012, 05:29 PM
mgg126x
Advanced

Z&M is not closing and that is a fact!

Quick Reply: Z&M???? Say it isn't so....