Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Windshield for Overly Tall WG Rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Billyjo88
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Best Windshield for Overly Tall WG Rider

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and just bought a 2011 WG -- sitting at the stealership waiting for winter mods and I need a windshield. I am 6'6" tall and carry most of my height in the torso. What is the tallest (and best/least buffeting) on the market? Thank you for your recommendations!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Billyjo88
Tourer

Anyone?

Old 12-23-2011, 08:59 PM
KSBOB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not get a Memphis Shades Fairing? Easily detachable and you can get the 12" windshield for some real height.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:03 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not near as tall as you but I got this because I only use it in the winter and don't care if I look through it. Its the Harley QD for the Wideglide (because of my single headlight) even though I have a Fat Bob front end. Buy the 18" one and then call Clearview - to my knowledge they have the biggest windshield on the market, it is 4" wider and 5" taller than stock at a whopping (to me) 23" tall and has the recurve. I get no buffeting but there are some updrafts. Mind you with the rake on your bike it may behave differently but I think you would still like it - call them up and tell them what you ride and what your goals are.......they will get you the right one and you can test ride it and if you don't like it you can send it back provided you don't remove the protective film. I think they still have a 50% off blems until the end of the year. And their blems aren't really - their QC standards are so high you can't see the flaws that they say are present. Check out the second photo - clear as glass.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Billyjo88
Tourer

Originally Posted by p51bombay
I'm not near as tall as you but I got this because I only use it in the winter and don't care if I look through it. Its the Harley QD for the Wideglide (because of my single headlight) even though I have a Fat Bob front end. Buy the 18" one and then call Clearview - to my knowledge they have the biggest windshield on the market, it is 4" wider and 5" taller than stock at a whopping (to me) 23" tall and has the recurve. I get no buffeting but there are some updrafts. Mind you with the rake on your bike it may behave differently but I think you would still like it - call them up and tell them what you ride and what your goals are.......they will get you the right one and you can test ride it and if you don't like it you can send it back provided you don't remove the protective film. I think they still have a 50% off blems until the end of the year. And their blems aren't really - their QC standards are so high you can't see the flaws that they say are present. Check out the second photo - clear as glass.

Thanks much -- just the kind of info I was looking for!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Romark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not as tall as you are but I have had the QD windshield on my '07 Wide Glide and hated it. Buffeting was real bad. Went with a Wind Vest. It is quite a bit smaller but don't let the small size fool you. It directs the wind over my head. Real nice. I will never take it off my bike.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:48 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the windvest, it is small but does much more then most biiger windshields. Because of the design, you won't have to look over it to take the wind off of you. I have the 14" tinted but you should get the 16".