Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's inside your Rush or Cycle Shack slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Big Kev-O
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's inside your Rush or Cycle Shack slip ons?

I purchased a set of slip ons when I bought my bike back in 06 and have been running them without a tuner for the past 5 years. Problem is now I have a SE stage 1 air cleaner and a V&H Fuelpak but I have no idea what brand my slip on mufflers are so I don't know which map I need. I'm pretty sure they are either Cycle Shack or Rush. They are too loud to be screamin eagle.

Slip on owners PLEASE describe to me what you see when you look inside you tailpipe from the rear. I tried to take a picture but my camera does not work inside dark holes, no pun intended. I want to ride help me out. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Hole shot....

Here's a pic of my Rush with the 1.75" baffle for what it's worth...
~

Attached Thumbnails What's inside your Rush or Cycle Shack slip ons?-img_0833.jpg  
Old 12-22-2011, 10:47 AM
tcabello
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running cycle shack pipes (not slip on's)...had cycle shack slip ons before running the CS pipes...I don't see any type of packing in there.

I remember reading in this forum that Cycle Shacks don't use any type of packing and that's why you get a "metallic" sound.

I also remember reading that at one point Cycle Shack made SE slip ons for Harley. Don't know if that's true but I'm just passing along what I've read.

Good Luck.

ps. I have the turnouts, so I can't get a pic for you...sorry

Last edited by tcabello; 12-22-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Cycle Shack slip ons on my 07 FXDC, and when I called DynoJet, they told me to use the pre-boxed tune fot SE Stage 1 A/C and SE Slip Ons.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:52 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,238 Likes on 2,469 Posts

The baffle on the older Rush slip ons do NOT have the bar across the back. The old and the new Rush baffles are straight thru.

Cycle Shack slip ons have a "scoop" at the front of the baffle (nearest the engine) that routes some of the exhaust into the area between the slip on and the baffle.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by O-Town D
Here's a pic of my Rush with the 1.75" baffle for what it's worth...
~
This pic is accurate. DK custom pointed out they might not have the bar going across, this is correct for slipons we manufactured then. The spiral core and the bottom bolt securing the baffle will be the same. The majority of slip on baffle sizes we sold in 2006 were 2.00".
-Ryan

Old 12-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are the guts of my Cycle Shacks

Old 12-27-2011, 08:57 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

I don't have a pic but my CS slipons have the scoop shaped baffle, you can only see a little daylight if you look through them. The baffle is the same as a set of Screamin Eagles I have, the difference is that the SE have packing and the CS do not.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:28 PM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

Ive been informed that Rush slip-ons are packed and sealed with traditional fiberglass type packing. This will burn out in 10-15k miles normally and cannot be re-packed. The result is noise. Vance and Hines and a few others supposedly use stainless wool packing that last much much longer. Still others can have the ends removed for access to allow re-packing.

Please inform if this is incorrect.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Big Kev-O
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks you all for the help. Mine look just like O-Town-D's Rush slip ons, they have a spiral core baffle but they do not have the Bar or the nut. My baffles cannot be removed. They are so similar I'm sure the program settings for the Rush will be perfect.

Rush, are the baffles secured with a nut & bolt on the older ones too? BTW thats what I call customer service, helping out on a independant forum really shows Rush is there for their consumers.

I could not wait any longer so I programmed the Fuelpak with S.E. slip on settings and it's running pretty good. Sounds much stronger, feels a tiny bit faster and does not pop on decel any more than it did stock.
I'm going to request the settings for Rush slip ons and give them a try. I have a feeling V&H will tell me the same thing as Patrick "use the S.E. slip on settings". Thanks again.

Last edited by Big Kev-O; 12-28-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Quick Reply: What's inside your Rush or Cycle Shack slip ons?