Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's inside your Rush or Cycle Shack slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 05:49 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leafman60
Ive been informed that Rush slip-ons are packed and sealed with traditional fiberglass type packing. This will burn out in 10-15k miles normally and cannot be re-packed. The result is noise. Vance and Hines and a few others supposedly use stainless wool packing that last much much longer. Still others can have the ends removed for access to allow re-packing.

Please inform if this is incorrect.
The newer Rush slip on baffles are removable, dunno about older styles. You remove the bolt and they will slide out of the pipe (sometimes with a little persuasion). You can then rewrap them with your choice of material if needed, or replace (orchange baffle sizes). The mat that Rush uses seems to produce better sounds than some of the other repacking material.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by leafman60
Ive been informed that Rush slip-ons are packed and sealed with traditional fiberglass type packing. This will burn out in 10-15k miles normally and cannot be re-packed. The result is noise. Vance and Hines and a few others supposedly use stainless wool packing that last much much longer. Still others can have the ends removed for access to allow re-packing.

Please inform if this is incorrect.
We use long strand woven fiberglass matting. Ours should last at least 10-15k miles but 20k can be expected typically. We provide free replacements if it ever gets burnt up or blown out. All of our slip on mufflers have removable baffles that can be switched to different sizes and the packing can be replaced. We have researched many options such as stainless wool packing but we have not found anything that can provide the noise dampening benefits of fiberglass. This helps provide a solid tone and reduces the "tinny" sound.
-Ryan

Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Kev-O
Thanks you all for the help. Mine look just like O-Town-D's Rush slip ons, they have a spiral core baffle but they do not have the Bar or the nut. My baffles cannot be removed. They are so similar I'm sure the program settings for the Rush will be perfect.

Rush, are the baffles secured with a nut & bolt on the older ones too? BTW thats what I call customer service, helping out on a independant forum really shows Rush is there for their consumers.

I could not wait any longer so I programmed the Fuelpak with S.E. slip on settings and it's running pretty good. Sounds much stronger, feels a tiny bit faster and does not pop on decel any more than it did stock.
I'm going to request the settings for Rush slip ons and give them a try. I have a feeling V&H will tell me the same thing as Patrick "use the S.E. slip on settings". Thanks again.
Thanks for the kind words. The forum has been a great tool for us to communicate with our customers and members in general.
All of our slip on mufflers for dyna models have always used a single bolt at the bottom rear of the muffler to secure the baffles. The only difference could be the grab bar which we started adding around 2007. It's only purpose is to assist with baffle removal.
-Ryan

Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 PM
dlr9445
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey rush! I bought my bike used and it has rush slip ons....my baffles have a cross bar in the back but has like a weld in the bottom of the baffle. Is that normal?

Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by dlr9445
Hey rush! I bought my bike used and it has rush slip ons....my baffles have a cross bar in the back but has like a weld in the bottom of the baffle. Is that normal?
It should have the cross bar but I'm not certain what you mean by weld in the bottom. The baffle inlet and outlet cups are formed tubes so there should be no welds except to attach them to the spiral core center section. Can you post a pic?
Ryan