Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skid lid helmet

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid lid helmet

Does any one got one of those ?
The price is so cheap, I wonder if they're any good ?

http://www.bikebandit.com/skid-lid-o...id-half-helmet

Old 12-19-2011, 07:39 PM
DoubleMint
5th Gear

I have one.

Pros: It fits close when the foam is massaged a little bit. It is light weight and looks great.

Cons: The straps that form the "Y" on the sides are a little different length. The end of the strap is very long and needs to be tucked away or cut.

It is my main helmet (3/4 for colder weather and full face for inclement weather). I wish I would have gone with a Daytona, the straps look to be a little better, but not enough to spend the cash until this one is done.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:52 PM
ChopperPop
Tourer

I've got a Skid Lid that is going on 8 years old. The straps on mine look slightly different from that link, mine also has a chin pad (It slides off and is fairly thin).

I think I paid around 40 bucks for it and it's lasted this long. I would buy another but I went a different route for my new lid. (3/4 Nov Dot from Licks).

The only reason I bought one to begin with was it was cheap and available locally (very small town). Glad I did.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:02 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I had the flat black for about a year. It's ok...for the price not bad but not terrific. For a little more you can get the Outlaw Low Profile which is lighter and not so bulky. The Skid Lid isn't SUPER light and kind of gives the mushroom head effect on the back, but it's an ok starter helmet. I feel it caught a lot of wind on the highway so i switched to something a little more low-profile.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Sold. Good enough for me.
I got tired of my german helmet ...
it's such a non-aerodynamic bug killer.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Here's a couple of pics of the helmet being worn, I've got a fairly small head so it might fit you better.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

it's bigger than I tough but it's too late hahaha, i'll see when it'll be at my door step.
thx for the pix

Old 12-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Big Kev-O
Advanced

I have owned both Skid Lid and Daytona 1/2 helmets. They are the two best 1/2 helmets I have come across. That said I sold my Skid Lid a few days after I got the Dytona. Daytona is a little more low profile, has better straps and is overall higher quality than the Skid. Wish I had seen this before you made the buy, maybe this post will help somebody in the future.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Big Kev-O
I have owned both Skid Lid and Daytona 1/2 helmets. They are the two best 1/2 helmets I have come across. That said I sold my Skid Lid a few days after I got the Dytona. Daytona is a little more low profile, has better straps and is overall higher quality than the Skid. Wish I had seen this before you made the buy, maybe this post will help somebody in the future.
hahaha, I wish i've read youre post before !

I received the helmet and damn this thing is huge. The quality is ok but man this gigantic mushroom is not going on my head. I've asked around to see if anyone would buy it still got the box and all the things attached to it.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:54 AM
Big Kev-O
Advanced

The Daytona sits a bit lower and is a slight bit more narrow but all D.O.T 1/2 and German style helmets are going to make you feel and look like a mushroom head. It used to bother me at first but in my town you will get ticketed for wearing non d.o.t. helmets. I find wearing sunglasses and a bandana over your face reduces the mushroom effect.

Quick Reply: Skid lid helmet