Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someome tell me what fairing this is?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 07:39 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

it looks more narrow than the ness one i had

Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

I second the Rifle roadster fairing....
It comes with mounting hardware....and you can choose from 3 heights of shield.
Dr V-twin has a great price on them.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:09 AM
ZGram924
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I'll take a look at the rifle. I've read a lot of problems with mounting the ness fairing so the rifle could be a resolution.

You can get the handguards from any dirt bike shop you would just have to make your own mounting brackets i'd imagine..I have them on my dirt bike and they cut off all the hand chill which would be nice for the cold weather riding

Old 12-18-2011, 10:20 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 831 Likes on 376 Posts

it's a ness. They look great but the fit/finish and mounting leaves alot to be desired. For that price and his reputation you'd think Ness would step their game up a little and make a better quality setup..I passed on it and did the H-D 1/4 fairing. Easier to mount and remove, very sturdy = no flapping at triple digit speeds, adjustable and cheaper. I'll totally admit it doesn't look as sharp as the Ness, but function over form makes me happier.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Knotslippin
1st Gear

Might be a strange question, but has anyone installed one of these fairings with ape hangers? I love the fairing but not sure how it would look on my bike.

Thanks

Old 12-18-2011, 12:39 PM
ZGram924
Novice

Originally Posted by shiftace
it's a ness. They look great but the fit/finish and mounting leaves alot to be desired. For that price and his reputation you'd think Ness would step their game up a little and make a better quality setup..I passed on it and did the H-D 1/4 fairing. Easier to mount and remove, very sturdy = no flapping at triple digit speeds, adjustable and cheaper. I'll totally admit it doesn't look as sharp as the Ness, but function over form makes me happier.
Yeah i have the HD right now and i hate the way its mounted..It has the quick detach which is nice but it faces downwards and sticks out a few inches passed my forks and looks goofy..It also doesnt block the wind very much I'm not sure if its the way it is mounted or not? I've seen a few bikes that have clamps going around the fork tubes straight to the fairing brackets maybe that would help.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:23 AM
big ron
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I like the look of the Ness fairing but was not happy with it. It was a little flimsy. How well do they deflect wind? Would you do a cross country with one on or would you opt for a windsheild?

Old 12-20-2011, 09:29 AM
big ron
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

How easy is it to remove and reattach the RIFLE fairing using there hardware? Has anyone tried to use a quick disconnect off an HD windsheild? How much wind protection does it give?

Old 01-09-2012, 05:51 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

so lost on this fairing nonsences. Ok this fairing looks real skinny and all the ness pictures online look wide. then there is a ness fairing for 06-11 dynas. that looks real wide too. what gives. where can I find this fairing.

links please

Old 01-09-2012, 07:47 PM
great_escape
Novice

I think it is a Ness fairing as well. I've installed a few of the Ness fairings over the years. The one in the picture looks like the narrow glide one. The wide glide one seams to be a little wider as the bottom needs to clear the wide glide fork tubes and the Dyna specific ones look really wide. As for mounting I've always made my own bracket the Ness ones leave a lot to be desired and to get the wind to flow over my head i usually move the head light and fairing up and out about 4 inches. The fairing is also so flimsy that you can greatly manipulate the width of the fairing with mounting brackets. I use four points to mount them and its solid up into the triple digits.

Quick Reply: Can someome tell me what fairing this is?