Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FL Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:11 PM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FL Dyna

super01, that link doesn't work

Old 12-07-2006, 12:37 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

I tried to edit the link and it won't let it show the link.
Apparently you can't put that website on here so PM me and I'll send it the link to you.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:40 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: haksaw

here it is. I had better pics but can't find them. This one was on ebay awhile back.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...fxdlfatboy.jpg
I really like the look of that. I plan on changing out my fenders eventually because I want a front fender that keeps the road crud off of me a bit more. Ive looked at the Sumax fenders and while they have front fenders that will bolt right up, they currently dont have a bolt on replacement for the rear. I may wind up just ordering one of their blank 9in wide rears that will match up one of their fronts that I like and just make it work. Plus I like to be different, I dont really care what model people think my bike is,.... bottom line is that they all know its 100% Harley.

John

Old 12-07-2006, 11:15 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts

Wow !!! Thanks for all the replies and the pictures. I think that would be a good lookin' scoot. I know the Dyna's are a nice riding machine. The WG is my favorite,except for the 21". It needs that fat front end.
I know (at least at one time) CCI made a rear FL fender. I'm not a big fan of the off shore sheet metal, but in their defense, some of it's pretty good. My wife's 93 Sportster had the "fatbob" tank on it for 10 years with no problems.

Something else to think about. I'd just like something different. I went on the Vietnam Vet's Toy Run in Santa Cruz last weekend. It was a big run. I'd say at least 1/3 of the bikes there were late model baggers (Street Glides-or at least that look). Very nice !!! Still the overall favorite, but I want some thing different.

By the way, the Vietnam Vets REALLY know how to put on a great run !!!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2006, 05:45 PM
nidan
Road Warrior

Way long tome ago the superglide was an FL with a sporty front end

Old 12-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Cav
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: nidan

Way long tome ago the superglide was an FL with a sporty front end

Exactly, the frame, engine, tranny, everything but the front was the same (well, 5.0 gal tank on the FL and 3.5 on the SG...and that rear fender) but they diverged the product lines to optimize the frames for their intended purpose, given special attachment points, covered stuff, and so forth. Making an FL out of a Dyna is to totally go against that grain today, not that you can't do it. Heck, just get a basic Road King.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
haksaw
Road Master

it may be going against the grain but you can't buy a FLH today like you could in 1970. Not everyone wants a bagger...sure you can remove the bags but the roadkings and electraglides look terrible without the bags because of the way they molded the sidecovers.
The only option for a FL front end without bags is softail, which doesn't do it for me.

IMO, the moco should sell one dyna model with the big front end...i bet they'd sell a boatload of them.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:58 AM
haksaw
Road Master

here's a nice WG with a FL front end.

http://www.kenandjudy.us/Harley%20Pi...otos/index.htm

Old 12-14-2006, 12:57 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: haksaw

it may be going against the grain but you can't buy a FLH today like you could in 1970. Not everyone wants a bagger...sure you can remove the bags but the roadkings and electraglides look terrible without the bags because of the way they molded the sidecovers.
The only option for a FL front end without bags is softail, which doesn't do it for me.

IMO, the moco should sell one dyna model with the big front end...i bet they'd sell a boatload of them.
I would buy one.
That's why I got the Superglide, I like the looks of seeing the rear shocks and it looked the closest to the older type FLH. I just don't have the $ to change out the front end.

I have looked at Ken's page before and he did a really nice job tranforming his bike to a Fat Glide.