Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dyna FXDF Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 02:03 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Dyna FXDF Owner

Just wanted to say hello to the group. I have been a lurker here for a few months as i was waiting to buy. Got a lot of good info and ideas befor iI jumped in.
I've been riding most of my life, but had not ever had a Harley... I'm a year around rider ( at least until there is frost/snow on the road here in oregon ). I was planning on buying this winter, but my plans got speeded up when my daily rider tossed its clutch. its waiting for parts, and shop manuals to arrive.
I pick up the Fat Bob from the local dealer this thursday. I got to purchase it from my brother-in-law who works there in sales. Its a 2011 in White Hot Denim. They are putting a super reduced reach seat on it for me ( I'm verticaly challenged with a 30 inch inseam ).
So Now the modifications begin, I'm planning a Black on White theme, so there will be lots to powder coat. The first things will probably be some new Drag bars in black /w a little more pull back. After that will be the rear fender swap with one from a Dyna Wide Glide... New black Progressive shocks, some Vance & Hines Black short shots & a new screamin eagle black performance air cleaner...
I think i have found threads on this group for about every thing I have planned, so that should make the mod's go easier.
A question though about posts in this group, i have read the FAQ's and not found an answer, when viewing others posts, and they have links to pictures, when i click on them it says that i don't have permission to view them. is this because i am a new user? or some other reason. its just a little frustrating as i can't view pictures documenting thier work on thier rides...

Thanks,

Kirk

Old 12-11-2011, 02:07 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the new fatbob. Going to look good with the black and white theme. I believe you have to have like 10 posts to do pictures. Somewhere on the site it has the requirements

Old 12-11-2011, 02:09 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Welcome to the Fatbob squad.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:15 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Welcome to the Dyna family.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:55 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't access pictures or PM's until you have met the 5 post 5 day rule https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum...es-or-pms.html

You can't use the classifieds until you have met the 30 days and 5 unrelated post rule https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...d-section.html

Congrats on the Fat Bob, I got mine in July and it is truly the best bike I have had the pleasure of calling mine. I have a 32" inseam and still felt a bit stretched on the bike so I put the reduced reach controls kit on and it made a lot of difference in comfort with forwards on the bike. I also use the low pro distressed brown HD seat too which helped get that relaxed position. Being a Dyna with the fat tires front and back the Fat Bob handles great and is surprisingly agile for such a big bike. I was riding a Sporty before getting a FB and wow what a difference between them.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Dirknar
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the FB.. Such a Sweet bike. I love the wide glide rear fenders on them as well.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the Fat Bob family...

Old 12-11-2011, 04:07 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser

Thanks everyone for the replys... i have enjoyed several types of riding, from sport bike, dual sport & cruisers... each bike has had its own challenges to make it comfortable due to my short legs/arms... it seams that most motorcycles are not make for some one that its 5"9'...
On my GS, even with the low seat i cant get my feet flat on the ground, but for dirt its a great ride... The Fat Bob is a blast to ride around town, and for short trips. The thing i love most about the Fat Bob is that ther are so many Harley and aftermarket parts to make it personal, and comfortable to each rider. Even stock it has more power than any motorcycle i have had in the past.
I cant wait to get it home and start riding it... but its raining here today, and looks like that for most of the week, so maybe the week before christmas will be better. I have all the rain gear, and i do plan on riding in the rain, but not until i get a wind screen on it... Rain at 60 mph in your face is not a lot of fun.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:11 PM
J-Smitty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, perfect time to buy.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser

Thanks for explaning the viewing/posting rules, i figured it must be somthing like this, but couldn't find it in the FAQ, and i couldn't find a link anywhere to e-mail the moderator to ask about it. figured the best way would be to post up in the forum and ask.

I'm not a huge poster, usualy only when i have a question, or somthing to contribute.. It will take me a while i'm sure before i have a lot to contribute to the group, but i am sure that i will have lots of questions.

Quick Reply: New Dyna FXDF Owner