Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dyna Side Mount Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:51 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40,049 Likes on 13,519 Posts
Post New Dyna Side Mount Oil Cooler

I'm not sure how new this is but it's the first time I've seen a Harley branded side mount cooler for dyna's listed. The old one mounted low between the frame tubes,not an ideal spot for efficient cooling.http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 12-11-2011, 10:59 AM
mracer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just added it to my bike last month- It's unobtrusive, and
DOESN'T LEAK! I know all the threads about pro's and con's, but as a lifetime racer, I am a firm believer of trying to maintain a constant temp.
I live in a temperate climate so 240 was my average oil temp, but it would fluctuate. I have put er away for the winter but feel the extra 4 lbs or so won't hurt performance....The bike is always faster than me-the rider- but I'm getting older just as fast as I'm getting better-LOL

Old 12-11-2011, 11:12 AM
goblin127
Tourer

I went with the side mount jagg cooler on my FXDL. Someone on here said they make the Harley branded cooler but I would not know for sure. I get some negative opinions on its looks but I'm happy with it.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:25 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by goblin127
I went with the side mount jagg cooler on my FXDL. Someone on here said they make the Harley branded cooler but I would not know for sure. I get some negative opinions on its looks but I'm happy with it.
I actually like the exposed side mount look,it gives the bike an in-your-face performance type look and is situated to catch the cooler air.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:43 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mracer
Just added it to my bike last month- It's unobtrusive, and it DOESN'T LEAK! I know all the threads about pro's and con's, but as a lifetime racer, I am a firm believer of trying to maintain a constant temp.
I live in a temperate climate so 240 was my average oil temp, but it would fluctuate. I have put er away for the winter but feel the extra 4 lbs or so won't hurt performance....The bike is always faster than me-the rider- but I'm getting older just as fast as I'm getting better-LOL
I see you've put er away but do you have any pictures of this cooler on your bike? I'd like a better perspective on how much it sticks out on the side.
Thx!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:50 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I like the looks also, and I am sure the fuctionality is definitly beneficial, but damn, that thing is pricey!!!!

Old 12-11-2011, 01:00 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...il-cooler.html
my jag cooler I have had on for a year now.
I have the therostatic controller installed with it.
it works.
a year later, replaced a chaffed hose. shortened them up some too.
just after installing had to take it apart because of a leak that developed with the stop clip installed to keep it from loosening up when removing the filter.
they give you a skinny screw to hold the clip that replaces the beefery stock one and that was the problem so I cleaned the gasket surfaces and applied some yamabond4 sealer(light coat) and it has not leaked for a year now. I guess I got it.
Also the left hose chaffed so replaced it this week and used the plastic protector on it for future protection.
having a chaffed line is a no no when your not looking down to see a leak.
I found this cooler last year new on Ebay it was called a stealth cooler because it's black and blends in.
I installed it as low as I could on the left cool side to help with the oil flow at startup.
I also had to purchase the 1 1/2" frame clamps that didn't come with the kit.
the new kits may be better stocked.
also I purchased some extra black clamps and a double hose connector on ebay as I double up the connections.

Last edited by stilup; 12-11-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:59 PM
jwright302
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently put one on my 07 SB, I'm pretty happy with it. Doesn't leak and I like the looks. Ive only put about 200 miles on it, so far so good. They're kinda pricey but I got mine through zanottis which I'm hearing is closing down.

I can't really provide any pics right now, most of the bike is tore down to get heads ported and a bunch of powder coating.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
mracer
Advanced

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
I see you've put er away but do you have any pictures of this cooler on your bike? I'd like a better perspective on how much it sticks out on the side.
Thx!
Is there a way to email you pics? not sure how to post from my blackberry to this forum...

Old 12-11-2011, 05:26 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by mracer
Is there a way to email you pics? not sure how to post from my blackberry to this forum...
Email them to your home computer,save them in your pictures and then post them here.

Quick Reply: New Dyna Side Mount Oil Cooler