Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XiED's... thoughts or reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Twangmaster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XiED's... thoughts or reviews?

These look almost too good to be true. Great Price. I'm only planning on going to Stage 1 on my '11 WG, and these look like they may do the trick. Not a lot of information on them though, and i'm looking for some comments from owners who have had them installed. Thanks all in advance...

http://sales.nightrider.com/XiED-Fue...ement_c_1.html

Old 12-10-2011, 11:15 AM
joesride
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ran a set on my 2008 FXD for about a year, and the bike ran fine with them......Then i called Fuel Moto and decided to have them send me a Power commander that they programmed for my bike and set-up, and one of their air breather set ups.....This really woke the bike up, killed the heat issues, and the bike has run really great.....Spending a little extra money was well worth it in my opinion..

Old 12-10-2011, 11:53 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 770 Posts

Some people have gotten good results with these, some have not. I was one of the "nots" but turned out I had other mechanical issues. I think they are worth a try and you can always sell them later.
Check out this huge post about them: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...ield-test.html

Old 12-10-2011, 11:59 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on your expectations. XiEDs are OK, work as advertised. I ran them for about 5 months. If all you want is some less heat (but the cats may be heating up anyway) and a little more AF safety margin then go for it. If you want a well tuned bike, or have a drivability issue to work out, like surge or decel pop, then the XiEDs are a waste of money, I think. You need something more sophisticated. Put the $100 toward a good tuner, don't waste it like many of us have. In fact, if you look around someone may give you an XiED to try. Lots of them gathering dust on garage shelves.

I added a TTS tuning kit to my tool box, quickly reprogrammed the bike with one of the canned maps and was amazed by the performance difference over the XiEDs. Woke the bike up without the need for hacking up the bike or adding/replacing hardware. Later I decided to spend a couple hours of sweat equity to calibrate the VE tables, optimize the cam profile and tweak the timing a bit, and it sure runs smooth, excellent throttle response, loads of power, great mpg.. couldn't do better short of hiring a competent pro. Each bike is different, canned maps can only go so far.

Just about any named brand product provides better performance than stock. A few years ago the Xied with Fuel pack was the hot setup, but the TTS kit does the same kinds of things and more. Not a bad $425 investment.

Last edited by ColdCase; 12-10-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:10 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a big fan of the XEID's. I have them on my 2011 dyna SG with rush slip ons with 2.25 baffles and the big sucker open filter. It cooled my bike down at least 25 degrees and it runs great. The only time I get any decel pop is when I'm holding high RPM's and then suddenly let off the throttle.

Is it as good as a $450. SERT tuner and a $350. dyno tune? Hell no, but for $100 its the best value out there...way better then the harley download.

I will probably some day go to a tuner, but for now I am very happy. Most people that go to tuners sell the XEID's for $50 bucks in a day in this forum.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:34 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess it all depends on what you are looking to get out of it. I run the X14's on my sporty. I have the stock AC and some Rush slip-ons. They work great. I ran them all summer, then took them off for a week and wow, what a different without them, in a bad way. For $100 bucks, they are good. If you have $400 and are planning on going stage 1 in the future, might as well get a tuner.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:10 PM
jim425
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the stock air filter and SE II slipons and the XIEDs are perfect for me. There was an improvement in lowend acceleration and reduced heat. For me, I bought the SE IIs off ebay for less than 100 including shipping, so it didn't make sense to go tuner with little to gain.

I think it depends on how much you are modifying or plan to modify by changing entire pipes and filter. I'm sure you'll get more power options by the tuner and that will give you options if needed.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:20 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i run the xied"s with rush slipons and a k&n air filter very happy with them bike runs a hole lot better for a small investment, depends on what your looking for,

Old 12-10-2011, 07:16 PM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

$75 shipped to your door... O.B.O.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/9080080-post4.html

Old 12-11-2011, 05:19 AM
11bDad
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They worked as advertised on mine (2010 FXDC) when it was bone stock. Lowered the temps & better low end throttle response. Added some Rush Slip-ons, and had more decel pop than I was willing to live with. I ended up adding a Big Sucker AC and a Dobeck TFI injector tuner to eliminate the popping. I'd suggest some type of tuner, or at least buying the XIED's used. They might work fine with your Stage 1 upgrade, but then again they might not be quite enough. Good luck.

Quick Reply: XiED's... thoughts or reviews?