Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Geniune H-D parts...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Geniune H-D parts...

H-D is banning the sale of NEW genuine H-D parts & accessories on Ebay by all US H-D dealers as of Jan '12.

That notice was enclosed with a part I bought.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:41 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder who's behind that?

Old 12-09-2011, 10:51 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2011/12...y-its-dealers/

Here's an update to that, ordered by the courts. Guess we will see. Independent bike shops sell H-d parts and accs, too. Wonder how much stink they will raise, as they normally discount the retail prices below Harley dealers?

Old 12-09-2011, 11:01 PM
jim425
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The interesting thing is that most of the dealers that sell on ebay also match those prices or better at their own website. This just seems strange.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Paulflhx
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I think it's lousy for us to buy genuine HD parts from vendors other than authorized HD dealers. I want to keep my dealers in business. I don't care about saving a couple of dollars. I live in an area that saw two long time HD dealers close their doors and I miss those dealers. I am happy to support the one local dealer (20 miles away) we have left. I think those that call them "stealers" are ignorant. Try making the accessories they sell in your basement.They are entitled to make a living and we wouldn't have our bikes without them.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulflhx
I think it's lousy for us to buy genuine HD parts from vendors other than authorized HD dealers. I want to keep my dealers in business. I don't care about saving a couple of dollars. I live in an area that saw two long time HD dealers close their doors and I miss those dealers. I am happy to support the one local dealer (20 miles away) we have left. I think those that call them "stealers" are ignorant. Try making the accessories they sell in your basement.They are entitled to make a living and we wouldn't have our bikes without them.
...and conversely, what H-D are doing with this policy and the one of not allowing shipping abroad by dealers is to artificially hike the prices and protect those high prices i.e. create a cartel. The legality of this is being challenged by at least one H-D dealer in the US courts.

This is about maximising the amount of money they extract from you and me for items that they get made in China for pennies, mark-up 1000%+, stick 'Genuine' all over and sell on at enormous profit.

Personally I think all this will achieve in the current climate is to force people into the hands of suppliers such as VT Manufacturing and Küryakyn.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Carsten
Advanced

I think the HD departments outside the states have something to do with that as well. HD Europe forces all dealers in Europe to get the parts and merchandise via them. The price differents between HD USA sellers and European sellers is huge !!! i.e. Single Sided Swingarm bag (90200570) $229 on the HD USA page and we pay $500 over here.

A lot of my friends ordered directly at different dealers in the states till that got stopped from HD USA. EBay was the next solution which looks like being stopped now as well.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:23 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I dont really know a whole lot about this being new to HD, but from limited knowledge

it sounds like to me that HD is just trying to eliminate competition. If I can get the

same part cheaper elsewhere, and I am satsified with thier customer service, I am

going with the cheaper vendor. I dont care how much I like my dealer, yes they

need to make a living, but my dollar needs to stretch. Maybe they would generate

more business if they werent so pricey. If it was only a few dollars difference, and I

was satisfied with the dealer, then yes, I would buy from them, I am all about

supporting local business. But from what I have seen, HD is way more expensive,

and a lot of people on this forum have had bad experiences with the dealer, so I dont

envision myself giving them a whole lot of my business.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Carsten
Advanced

I am really happy with my local dealer and normally I purchase a lot through him. Sometimes the price differences are actually that big, that my local dealer (or actually employee at the dealer) recommends me ordering from the states. (which isn't getting easier with the current rules, but I still have friends in low places :-) )

Old 12-10-2011, 07:05 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Carsten
I am really happy with my local dealer and normally I purchase a lot through him. Sometimes the price differences are actually that big, that my local dealer (or actually employee at the dealer) recommends me ordering from the states. (which isn't getting easier with the current rules, but I still have friends in low places :-) )
That pretty much makes you a minority from the posts I have seen on here about dealers. I am hoping that I will like my dealer also (Pensacola HD), I dont get back to the states till Feb to pick up my bike, so only time will tell.

Quick Reply: Ebay Geniune H-D parts...