Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Geniune H-D parts...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Austin Dave
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'Genuine Harley-Davidson®' has always meant/is supposed to mean(IMO)....Made in the USA. That is not true anymore especially when it comes to the term 'accessories'. It would not surprise me that somewhere north of 50% in the accessories market are made overseas.
Well anyway, that is the way business is done these days. I can see some anti-trust cases being brought in the coming months. H-D owners have until 31 Dec to purchase parts/pieces from H-D online dealers.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Paulflhx
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
...and conversely, what H-D are doing with this policy and the one of not allowing shipping abroad by dealers is to artificially hike the prices and protect those high prices i.e. create a cartel. The legality of this is being challenged by at least one H-D dealer in the US courts.

This is about maximising the amount of money they extract from you and me for items that they get made in China for pennies, mark-up 1000%+, stick 'Genuine' all over and sell on at enormous profit.

Personally I think all this will achieve in the current climate is to force people into the hands of suppliers such as VT Manufacturing and Küryakyn.
I definitely see both sides of this argument, but aren't many things we buy in the US today made elswhere? HD is not mispreresenting that fact. I , for one , have always said that when HD motors are built or the bikes assembled in a country other than the US that I will stop buying them. Small parts from other countries don't bother me, and if you don't like the prices of those parts and accessories then don't buy a Harley. I accept those realities when choosing HD.And why shouldn't they be allowed to set their own prices in different markets? Doesn't supply and demand dictate? If HD wants to price themselves out of the market in Europe, so what? And, can the government really tell HD they can't have a monopoly on HD?

Old 12-10-2011, 02:06 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2011/12...y-its-dealers/

Here's an update to that, ordered by the courts. Guess we will see. Independent bike shops sell H-d parts and accs, too. Wonder how much stink they will raise, as they normally discount the retail prices below Harley dealers?
I hope the dealer wins this fight. Its about freedom for us all to chose where and when we want to buy parts and from whom. a lot of independent dealers and shops will go under if they cant get parts to fix bikes. As good as the after market is sometimes you have to use an HD part on an HD bike.