Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its dampner time

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 03:46 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

i could not resist and i ordered it today

i will post up a review when i get it on

i have seen a few hd's with them and think they look bad ***

Old 12-10-2011, 10:15 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by hell hound
i could not resist and i ordered it today

i will post up a review when i get it on

i have seen a few hd's with them and think they look bad ***

bastard..... lol i knew someone would ****** it up before my paycheck.. lol get some pics and review once that puppy is on your bike.

I also think they look bad ***..

Old 12-11-2011, 11:54 AM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
bastard..... lol i knew someone would ****** it up before my paycheck.. lol
More than 10 available... So, the auction is still "Live".

Old 12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

you certainly dont need one and nether do i

I also dont need better tires, aftermarket suspension front and back and a comfortable sit that looks good but they make my ride more enjoyable and that is what is important to me.
some people care about chrome and fancy paint jobs and i don't give a crap about that but i dont care or worry about how people get satisfaction out of thier bikes

My 06 dyna has 63,000 miles on it alot of which is drag racing, clutch dumping , burn outs and other fun stuff that doesn't make since to some people. So when i see my speedo buried to the right I what to know the the bike is tracking as good as it possibly can.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:51 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well said.

Also, I think many of us are asking these bikes to do much more than HD designed them to do. For example, stock my bike probably made around 60hp and 70 lbs of tq. Now it's making 2x that. Parts like, performance suspension, stickier rubber, stabilizers, and yes steering dampers, make it possible to get the most out of the increased power.

Originally Posted by hell hound
you certainly dont need one and nether do i

I also dont need better tires, aftermarket suspension front and back and a comfortable sit that looks good but they make my ride more enjoyable and that is what is important to me.
some people care about chrome and fancy paint jobs and i don't give a crap about that but i dont care or worry about how people get satisfaction out of thier bikes

My 06 dyna has 63,000 miles on it alot of which is drag racing, clutch dumping , burn outs and other fun stuff that doesn't make since to some people. So when i see my speedo buried to the right I what to know the the bike is tracking as good as it possibly can.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:49 PM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares, I ordered one. Because I belive it will work for my riding style.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Azgunner
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A persons riding style & how their bike is built will have a lot to do with realizing any benefits from a dampener. A guy riding a stock bike that just likes to cruise the speed limit likely won't see any benefit. However, a guy with a big cubed motor, rides like a maniac, & pushes the limits probably would.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

My thoughts exactly, I came from the sportbike crowd and I had a damper on my bike from the factory and it did make a difference but on a sport bike there basically is no rake making the steering very very touchy. Honestly on a HD not sure its worth it IMO.

Originally Posted by Azgunner
A persons riding style & how their bike is built will have a lot to do with realizing any benefits from a dampener. A guy riding a stock bike that just likes to cruise the speed limit likely won't see any benefit. However, a guy with a big cubed motor, rides like a maniac, & pushes the limits probably would.

Last edited by WG2011; 12-12-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:21 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not everyone has had a tank slapper.
Not everyone will
But if you have this, it will save your ***

/thread

Old 12-12-2011, 03:02 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

For those that think a damper will automatically save your ***...Here are a couple tank slapper vids, the guy that saved his did have the stock damper, as you can see it did not prevent the tank slapper, but it is an example of good skills will help save your ***.
Also, the one who saved it was redlined in 2nd, he estimated it was over 100 mph when it happened.

Quick Reply: Its dampner time