Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Ricor rear Shock

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 05:53 PM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craig11dyna
How do you guys like the way the Ricor shocks ride besides the leaking issue. I would rather deal with a forum vendor that takes care of his customers when or if there is an issue.
100% improvement over the stock ride in my case. Originally with the stock set up adjusted to the highest pre-load setting I was bottoming out on the many bumpy roads in my area. Since I've been running the Ricors I have tried to set the pre-load lower and lower but still cant get it to bottom as low as I'd dare to run them. BTY, I opted for the shocks in longer than stock and in the super sport flavor as I'm a very spirited rider. Handling has been amazing and the ride unbelievably very plush for what they are designed as. I can't say enough good things about Ricors products. (I'm running the Intiminators up front too with similar positive results)

Old 01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Dirknar
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceblue
100% improvement over the stock ride in my case. Originally with the stock set up adjusted to the highest pre-load setting I was bottoming out on the many bumpy roads in my area. Since I've been running the Ricors I have tried to set the pre-load lower and lower but still cant get it to bottom as low as I'd dare to run them. BTY, I opted for the shocks in longer than stock and in the super sport flavor as I'm a very spirited rider. Handling has been amazing and the ride unbelievably very plush for what they are designed as. I can't say enough good things about Ricors products. (I'm running the Intiminators up front too with similar positive results)
Do you run progressive springs and the intiminators up front or just the i's? So they are worth the money?

Old 01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by craig11dyna
How do you guys like the way the Ricor shocks ride besides the leaking issue. I would rather deal with a forum vendor that takes care of his customers when or if there is an issue.
They are much better than stock. I also went with 13" Sport tuned shocks. That is 1" longer the stock Fat Bob shocks. That has changed my ride height and given me more ground clearance. I also have been adjusting them so the ride is soft and getting a nice smooth ride. The stock shocks have too much rebound and little dampening. More like a pogo stick... It is really noticeable. Especially noticed the change after I sent my Ricors back to Brian for repair. Put the stock shocks back on. It was so noticeable, even my passenger commented on the difference. I am also running the Intimidators up front. They were a huge improvement over the stock fork setup. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the ride quality.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:44 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Reviving this thread. I blew a seal on one of my Ricors (left, pulley side). Brian took care of them both and returned to me. I wanted to find the culprit so I played around with them quite a bit yesterday. The brake side shock (right) is pretty much parallel when installed. However the left one, the one that leaked on me after 2 years, you won't notice until you fully torque the bottom bolt that the top has a gap larger than will be filled with the provided spacers from Ricor. Meaning when you torque the top acorn nut the shock will be forced in at the top. Not good for seals. I always thought the one looked a little crooked but I never gave it much thought until now.

I filled the gap with hardened washers shown below. Hope to get at least another two years out of them without issue.

Last edited by mattVA; 09-23-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:26 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

i blew my ricor shocks twice, they fixed them free and quick both times. This was over a few years. I was happy with the shocks. put a lot of miles on them. When i sold my 06 they stayed on the bike.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:53 AM
Jeezy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hell hound
i blew my ricor shocks twice, they fixed them free and quick both times. This was over a few years. I was happy with the shocks. put a lot of miles on them. When i sold my 06 they stayed on the bike.
If my shocks blew not just once, but twice I wouldn't want them fixed... I would want a full refund and would go buy a set from a reputable company. But thats just me and my opinion I guess. Ricor lost my business and my buddys shop business when we both personally tried to contact them for 2 weeks and got no response to our voicemails or emails.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:03 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so is this an issue with improper spacers for the install, or is it an issue with the manufacturing process???? love the looks and the proposed value, but at what cost??