Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you done to make your fatbob comfortable

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 AM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What have you done to make your fatbob comfortable

Just wondering what folks have done. I consider my fat bob just on the wrong side of comfortable. And im going nuts over changing bars seat or to mid controls. Just want some feedback.

Last edited by kmontague; 12-01-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mini-apes when a month old, raised my arms up a bit, less strain on my back. Forwards don't bother me, but fitting some floorboards on from a softail for more foot positions. New seat coming tomorrow from mustang will help with some lumbar support. Everything else I'm doing is cosmetic.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it can olnly be one of three things! seats, bars, and foot controls

Old 12-01-2011, 09:32 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

14" apes to raise the bars. i'm 6'2" and i had to lean forward which caused me to ride with my back not being straight. i don't have them on yet but after a trial fit my back smiled. i also have a badlander seat that came with the bike, but i liked the stock seat too.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:39 AM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

"...changing bars seat or to mid controls"

I had my FB converted to mids even before I brought it home from the dealer - the forwards had me a little too stretched out for comfort or control. The stock bars and even the seat I find to be comfortable enough, although I've changed the seat just for a different look. Everything else about the FB suits me just fine, and I think the bike is very "rideable" both for the short or long haul.

You might try changing just one thing at a time until the bike "fits" you better - I recommend starting with the foot controls. Hope that helps.
~

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to make your fatbob comfortable-blk-mid-controls.jpg  
Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For short arms and legs, the 6 inch pull back riser HD sells helps a lot and is an easy install. A mustang tripper solo seat will sit you a tad lower but is still comfortable, also easy. I think mids are a must, but a much more difficult mod.

Last edited by ColdCase; 12-01-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:01 PM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i did put mid pegs on it to change my position without spending the cash to put the shifter through the primary. just cant make my damn mind up over t bars or apes or if a seat other than my mustang fastback will be better

Old 12-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Borderman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mustang Seat with the optional backrest, Wild1 apes, and extended forward controls. now i can ride all day

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to make your fatbob comfortable-img_2796.jpg  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put reduced reach kit on the forwards, got the low pro distressed brown seat and pad, installed 5.5" pullback risers with 35 degree flanders 1" bars. The seat is more comfortable than stock, the controls are such that now I can use the rear brake fully without feeling like I have to stretch, and the bars are just about right for me on a long ride. Still needs a fairing to reduce that pushed back feel. I am 5'10" and 230lbs to give you an idea of how my bike is set up.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:25 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Best thing I did was get a Mustang vintage wide solo with a backrest. I would suggest doing the seat first. Different seats will position you either farther forward or backwards. If you do bars or controls first you may fing yourself having to replace them again when the seat moves you.

Quick Reply: What have you done to make your fatbob comfortable