Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD floating rotor & Z plus pad review

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:33 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

On a single front rotor unless it's significantly a larger diameter than the rear and more pistons in the caliper than the rear, I have to disagree with you, still you would want to apply more front than rear but still together, dual disc setup on the front like my SERK, would be the berries for more front stopping power and over all stopping power, the rear and fronts should always be applied together there's a percentage, but to me it's a feel thing, a really good bleed, clean flushed fluid about once a year, smooth rotors with some good pads, will improve your braking as well as using braided lines. Full floaters in the rear is fine as well in the front.

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
What I do not understand is why you put a floater on the rear as opposed to the front. The front is where the vast majority of your stopping power is. I'd iamgine you would feel even more of a difference with a floater on the front. Could this be the next mod?

Drew

Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

The FXR4 Had Floating Rotors, 4 Piston Caliper's Front and Rear, Dual Fronts in 2000 Standard Feature ..

Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

There you go, or should I say there you stop!! lol

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
The FXR4 Had Floating Rotors, 4 Piston Caliper's Front and Rear, Dual Fronts in 2000 Standard Feature ..

Old 12-06-2011, 11:03 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by John TN
There you go, or should I say there you stop!! lol
Exactly John ...

Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I went with the Lyndall Racing Brakes Z-Plus on my rear recently before touring Arkansas for a week and was super impressed with the improvement in performance. Didn’t realize that just the pads could make so much difference in stopping power. I wish I had sprung for the Lyndall’s for the front now that I see how well the rear’s work actually – I bought the EBC Double-H Sintered Metal Pads for my front. They’re better than stock, but I still wonder what the Lyndall’s would feel like.

Progressive is a good description – I was a little afraid at first they would make the rear lock up too easily; they had so much more grip, but I only locked the rear up once on my trip and that was in a near panic stop when I needed all I could squeeze out of them. Just a little skid lol – not out of control mind you.

They gave me a new respect for my rear brakes on my bike – before they almost felt like they couldn’t really handle all the weight on them or something? Now they seem to really be playing a more assertive role.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:02 AM
cjlandry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd upgrade the front long before the rear.