Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DNA rims?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011 | 08:51 PM
CM22
|
Tourer
Default DNA rims?

I have heard good and bad things about DNA rims. The bad that I have heard is that the fat spoke rims leak when mounted tubeless. I like the way that they look (black rims/chrome spokes) and the price point is just right for me. My question is this: who has bought their spoked rims and what kind of experience have you had with them? I am planning on putting tubes in them regardless so knowing this has anyone had any other issues?

Old 11-28-2011 | 09:01 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Put in tubes and you'll be fine. I went with the Midwest King Spoke because they are cheaper, and DNA has pissed me off one too many times. I don't know if there is a King Spoke that fits your motorcycle but you can always call Jireh. Either way, the fat spoke wheels are getting quite popular right now. Ride Wright makes a nice set but they cost a BUNDLE of cash. They are 100% American made though.

Old 11-28-2011 | 10:34 PM
CM22
|
Tourer

Comments like "DNA has pissed me off one too many times" is what Kinda scares me. Are they quality rims?

Old 11-28-2011 | 11:33 PM
Oldman - New Iron
Tourer

Had mine for 2+ years , also run tubeless, but ya never know. Got the front from american classic & the rear at the time specially built for a dyna by 911parts. Talked to the reps & was assured that all the problems had been resolved, on my 3rd sets of tires front & rear.

Old 11-29-2011 | 06:13 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CM22
Comments like "DNA has pissed me off one too many times" is what Kinda scares me. Are they quality rims?
Well, there are a lot..... and I mean a lot of people who run the DNA wheels in the Softail forums. Most have had good luck and some have had bad luck. Most of the bad luck is what we hear about. Like oldman said, you never know with DNA. My personal problems with DNA have come more from the little things like return issues, but I have had quality issues with plenty of their parts. I ran a DNA Springer before the Paughco thats on the bike now. It was a low quality heap of asian crap compared to the Paughco. Much of the chrome on parts I have ordered was visibly blemished before I even had a chance to install them. And in the case of my front brakes, the chrome completely discolored on the caliper mount within 6 months. Not to mention that the whole mount and shakes rattle worse than any other part on the bike. So yeah, you take your chances with DNA. That being said, if your truly on a budget, its hard to beat their prices. Just don't expect your grandkids to pull a tarp off your Harley in 30 years and be stunned at how well all the DNA parts held up.

____________________________-

Last edited by bikerlaw; 11-29-2011 at 06:16 AM.