Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Works suspension ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Simple Man
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Works suspension ?'s

I need to upgrade the suspension on my 08 Fat Bob. I have done a lot of searching in this forum, and it seems that Ohlins from Howard is the best setup out there. I don't question that and it sounds like Howard knows his stuff, however, I don't have that kind of money to spend. I have had experience with works shocks on snowmobiles and dirt bikes in the past and were very happy with them.

Is anyone running the drop-in cartriges in their forks? If so, how do you like them?

Are you running thier shocks? Which ones? good? bad?

Are they off-the-shelf, or tuned for you?

I love the bike but riding on crap suspension another year while I save up for Ohlins is not an option.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please don't turn this into a thread praising Ohlins. There are plenty of other threads for that.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I installed some progressive 970's, got them tuned in and the ride is amazing. Still not what you would call cheap but only 1/2 the price of the piggy backs from ohlins web site

Old 11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the Works streetrackers nitrogen low cost $550.00 rear nitrogen shocks.
they are very good to great.
I purchased off Ebay but had to wait a week for them, probibly drop shipped.
They have allot of adjustment.
When I got them they were adjust way too tight so I backed them off 3/8 in thread.
yes allot of adjustment.
They are rebuildable, for the money I don't think you can do better.
I also have the Works triple rate front springs $150.00 that make this bike a stunt bike.
kind of harder than I wanted but I never bottom out no matter what I do.
Very good control in corners bumps and windy conditions are a breeze.
Took only a couple of rides for me to dump the stock suspension. On a budget for day and night.

Last edited by stilup; 11-27-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Simple Man
Cruiser

Anyone?

Old 11-30-2011, 06:46 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

well there is not much of a difference between buying street trackers from works or Ohlin #2's from Howard(price is about the same). The cost of the front suspension is another story though. From another forum member 'Last Saint' upon switching from progressive 440 to works black trackers...they(works) are 1000% better than the progressives. I'm also sure the cartridges for the front are top notch too....not much talk about them but the little I have read reads of what a great improvement they make.
I believe you can buy works products with confidence. They blow away progressive.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:42 PM
punkroxxx
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the WORKS black trackers on my DYNA along with the triple rate springs,liked them so much I bought a pair for the SHOVEL. Way better than the PROGRESSIVES I had. I called them directly they took the time to answer my questions and built the shocks according to my size,weight and riding style.Great customer service. I also have used their damper for the springer front end on my SOFTAIL and it is way better than stock. I dont think you can lose with WORKS.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

i have the blacktrackers for the rear and triple rate springs for the front. its amazing how much difference a performance suspension makes. i too called works and had them custom made to my specs. i told them mostly solo riding, but i've had been doing a good bit of 2up riding and i cant tell any difference. these shocks and springs are very impressive.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I have had Works Black Trackers on the rear for over a year now. Getting a front spring kit this winter from them. Great company to work with.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Simple Man
Cruiser

Thanks for the input.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:25 PM
dphd06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will let you know on the Works drop in's in about 10 days. I am having my streetbob changed up with Dave Mackie motor work and a bunch of other stuff. The drop in's I already have, but I wont be riding it for probably about 10 days when its finished. I also have the 970 Progressive on the rear and I love them. I had 440's on a few bikes and the 970's are a lot better. Ebay has them for 650.00. As soon as I get the bike back, I will post up in here since I know there has not been much feedback on the drop in cartridges.

Quick Reply: Works suspension ?'s