Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Important FLD saddlebag tip

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011 | 09:41 AM
FBinSoCal
|
Road Warrior
Default Important FLD saddlebag tip

Guys and gals,
On the bottom corner of your bags there is a little black plastic piece that holds the bag tight to the mount on the fender. It slides onto the chrome bag mount. Take that off and put some glue on it.

Both of mine fell off while taking bags on and off and I was only to find one of them. None are in stock in CA. so I had to back order a couple in case it happens again. Without that little piece your bags will rattle like crazy. Just an FYI

Old 11-27-2011 | 10:52 AM
perryross
Road Master

Thanks for the heads up.
I took my bags off for winter storage,
I’ll have check them out.

Old 04-03-2024 | 09:14 AM
crshep@comcast.net
Stage III

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
Guys and gals,
On the bottom corner of your bags there is a little black plastic piece that holds the bag tight to the mount on the fender. It slides onto the chrome bag mount. Take that off and put some glue on it.

Both of mine fell off while taking bags on and off and I was only to find one of them. None are in stock in CA. so I had to back order a couple in case it happens again. Without that little piece your bags will rattle like crazy. Just an FYI
I know this is an OLD thread. But I am hoping to to find those plastic pieces that are described here. Do you have a part number by any chance? Or any more description on those pieces? I don't see them on parts diagrams for the fld. Thanks

Old 04-03-2024 | 09:55 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by crshep@comcast.net
I know this is an OLD thread. But I am hoping to to find those plastic pieces that are described here. Do you have a part number by any chance? Or any more description on those pieces? I don't see them on parts diagrams for the fld. Thanks
Did you check here?
Ronnie's Harley-Davidson | SADDLEBAG ASSEMBLY (onlinemicrofiche.com)

The following users liked this post:
pgrchaplain (04-06-2024)