Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Front turn signal relocation kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Stag556
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Front turn signal relocation kit

Does anyone know the part number for the 2012 dyna front turn signal relocation kit? It seems that Harley changed that kit from 2011 and previous model years.

Part # 69433-08A says its for 08-up dyna's but the instructions do not match my 2012.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Paulflhx
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Stag556
Does anyone know the part number for the 2012 dyna front turn signal relocation kit? It seems that Harley changed that kit from 2011 and previous model years.

Part # 69433-08A says its for 08-up dyna's but the instructions do not match my 2012.
My 2012 service manual says in a special bold faced note, that for 2012, on the FXDB and FXDF you relocate/replace the entire turn signal, housing and all, all the way back to the wiring in the switchgear as a single unit. I haven't seen the relocation kit yet, but my son is buying it today or tomorrow. I'll let you know what's in it.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:14 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 11-25-2011, 11:12 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

2010 wide glide any one know for sure what the fork diameter are?

Old 11-25-2011, 01:17 PM
oakspeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
2010 wide glide any one know for sure what the fork diameter are?
49mm..

Old 11-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Paulflhx
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulflhx
My 2012 service manual says in a special bold faced note, that for 2012, on the FXDB and FXDF you relocate/replace the entire turn signal, housing and all, all the way back to the wiring in the switchgear as a single unit. I haven't seen the relocation kit yet, but my son is buying it today or tomorrow. I'll let you know what's in it.
He got the kit. He says it has longer wires connected to new internals for your current bullet housing. You have to remove/relace the wires at the switchgear.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
njohnson27
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have any luck with this? I got the same turn signal relocation kit, but realized mine has the wrong instructions, and I think it's missing the wiring. I have a 2013 street bob. I started to try and move them, but I can't isolate the wiring.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Wykd
Tourer

i did the reloc kit on my 2013 fxdb
pretty much like the instructions on my bike EXCEPT the 1st part.

The tech at the dealership gave me a word of advice and saved me alot of effort:

I did not remove the tank as instructions called for, i removed the rubber frame gussets where the wiring goes inside the backbone. Then slowly pull out the wiring fro mthe handlebars one at a time and wiggle them as you go. The amount of wiring in that area on a 2013 is insane. After some length of wire the plugin for the turn signal reloc kit emerged.

I then did that for the other side. Then I resumed the instructions with opening up the bar controls. The length of wire that I pulled out on my bike was at least 8 inches long easy, so if thinking of doing a ape hanger switch no worries on the wiring being long enough!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 PM
njohnson27
Advanced

Thanks a lot for the info. Did your kit come with just the mounting brackets? The above posts make it sound like it comes with new wiring. When I opened up the hand controls, I could not isolate the turn signal wires - did you have to cut and splice them?

Old 10-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Wykd
Tourer

Originally Posted by njohnson27
Did you have any luck with this? I got the same turn signal relocation kit, but realized mine has the wrong instructions, and I think it's missing the wiring. I have a 2013 street bob. I started to try and move them, but I can't isolate the wiring.
Your kit should have the following contents:

2 fork tube braces
2 reflector bases with long length of wire
2 wiring couplers & pins to crimp onto the reflector wires
misc items, such as wire ties, acorn nuts, etc....

see my post above for quickest/easiest way to install

i pulled the wire out of the backbone until i got the white/black pigtails out of the opening in the frame. Yes it may take some digging and wiggling to get them out, they were generous with the wiring.

Then open the bar controls and cut/cap the wires as outlined.

Then open the signals and rebuild them with the new reflector and wires.

Then mount the signals on top of the lower tree (this way the opening/wire is less noticeable and cleaner looking)

Route/secure the wiring as described and cut the wire to length needed (i removed about 6 inches from my length of signal wires from the reloc kit, but distance may vary per kit).

Then I attached the pins/plugs to the wires and attached that wires to the plugs from the frame.

Quick Reply: 2012 Front turn signal relocation kit