Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V-rod Brembo caliper on superglide

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006 | 02:32 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Default RE: V-rod Brembo caliper on superglide

Actually after comparing your pics and the ones on the Vrod on the H-D website it appears that my diamondback brake line will work just fine after swapping out the banjo bolt. I also assume that when you stated that the only other thing needed would be shorter bolts would be just to order a set of the ones for the Vrod that attaches the rotor to the forks?

Thanks,
John

Old 12-02-2006 | 02:48 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Would that caliper work on my LowRider?

ORIGINAL: tdshepard

ORIGINAL: waterman7474

so did you just did the caliper or rotor also?

if so, pretty much just an even swap if you didn't want to do a new line?
caliper only on a superglide that comes with rotor 44553-06A Note how the brembo brake line leaves the top and your stocker leaves the bottom. For a clean look replace the line and get rid of that rubber hose crap.........

Old 12-02-2006 | 04:55 PM
tdshepard
|
Unsubscribed From Forum

ORIGINAL: jmbear328

Actually after comparing your pics and the ones on the Vrod on the H-D website it appears that my diamondback brake line will work just fine after swapping out the banjo bolt. I also assume that when you stated that the only other thing needed would be shorter bolts would be just to order a set of the ones for the Vrod that attaches the rotor to the forks?

Thanks,
John
On my superglide I had one long and one short bolt to mount the original caliper. I ended up replacing the long with another matching short....sorry no part numbers.

YES I believe the diamondback line will work fine. Both calipers are 10 mm and be sure to order the Brembo banjo/bleeder bolt 41752-06 for $6..........

Old 12-02-2006 | 04:57 PM
tdshepard
|
Unsubscribed From Forum

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

Would that caliper work on my LowRider?
From your pic your wheel looks like my superglide. Do you have rotor 44553-06A? If so, YES!!

Old 12-02-2006 | 05:04 PM
tdshepard
|
Unsubscribed From Forum

ORIGINAL: Mascman

Did you try a different brand of brake pads on the stock caliper?

By changeing out the stock rubber line and going to better pads, you probably could've improved stopping power without spending so much cash...unless you were just wanting something different looking also.

I have done that on other harleys, and it does improve them. I only have spent a little over $200 for this whole deal. A BREMBO at that price is a steal! I am after bling as well as performance and after some crising today I am convinced this brake is better.

Old 12-03-2006 | 06:53 AM
pqsuperglide
Novice

ORIGINAL: tdshepard

ORIGINAL: pqsuperglide

I've got a new idea could we use the lower fork legs, brakes and wheels off a V-ROD for some massive stopping power?
YES. You need both v-rod lowers, but they come up often on ebay as those guys upgrade to chrome. You would probaly want a duel disc master cylinder as well. I thought long and hard about it but the real problem is the wheel issue, I just didn't want the spoked v-rod wheel with its radial tire and aftermarket was too much bucks. I know the Bob wire wheels can accept duel discs so that might be a possibility............

That's exactly what I was thinking about a dual disk wire wheel up front and maybe a solid rear off a Vrod

Old 12-03-2006 | 11:02 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior

tdshepard,

I see in the H-D catalog that there is a chrome version of the V-rod Brembo front brakes in a kit 42012-06 MSRP $799.95. I am gonna check with my dealer and see if I can get just the left side in chrome which should be alot less expensive if ordered through Zanottis. I like the idea of better front brakes but sure like the bling as wll.

John

Old 12-09-2006 | 11:28 PM
just_bob
Advanced

I was thinking about a v-rod front wheel on my street bob (o7) ... do they share the same axle diameter? Could I reuse my stock spacers from the 19" Dyna wheel? Any other problems I might not be considering?

Thanks,
-Dan

Old 12-10-2006 | 01:28 AM
Z
Road Warrior

Great looking (and I assume great performing) setup at a bargain price... well done!

Z

Old 12-10-2006 | 12:21 PM
lolife
Road Warrior

what rear tire is that...........size and brand.....................please.................. .........

Quick Reply: V-rod Brembo caliper on superglide