Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 255s with a fuel Pam for tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SE 255s with a fuel Pam for tuning

Hey guys. Alright. Just to start off here I cannot afford to buy a tuner so the fuel pak is going to have to do. It adds fuel which I assume I will need more of before I hit the rev limit. And from the countless searches I have done these cams will run out of steam right around the rev limiter.
Has anyone installed these and used a fuel pak to tune it. I have an 08 96. If someone has what did you set your values at and did you trial and error or did V&H provide a map. These fuel paks are utter junk. My plan is to install the 255s and leave the bike alone til next winter and then an S&S 106 is going on with a tuner with auto-tune capabilities. My riding style lends to the torque curve of the 255s and I got them from a member for a sweet price.
Anyways any experience using these cams and the garbage fuel pak would be very helpful.
And has anyone used these cams with a 107 kit. It would be a stump puller for sure and should I use a 0.030 cometic gasket for a little bump in compression

Thanks guys

Old 11-14-2011, 11:17 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you tried the fuelpak website that allows you to input settings and it will spit out which values to change? If not, you can also try calling v&h. I hear they have decent support.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Have you tried the fuelpak website that allows you to input settings and it will spit out which values to change? If not, you can also try calling v&h. I hear they have decent support.
I have been in contact with v&h since I got the bike with that junk fuel pak. I sent them an email before I posted this thread. What I am looking for is real word experience from guys who have done it. V&h make nice looking pipes but this fuel pak is a piece of ****.
Once I put the 106 kit on I am ditching this piece of junk for a tuner with auto-tune from fuel MOTO. Now there is a company with real customer service who gives you info so you can adjust things and be happy with your ride instead of the bs from v&s. It's like their fuel pak modes are a national security issue. All they do is get you to change a couple numbers then you go out and ride,only to find out there is a new issue so you contact them again,change a few more numbers,ride some more,new issues. Get the picture.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member

Can anyone with experience tell me if I should use a cometic 0.030 gasket when I swap my cams for a slight bump in compression. I am going in thru the top so I can re-use my stock parts. I will be replacing the bearings of course. Or would that cause pinging problems. I use only shell premium because here in Saskatchewan the gas stations don't pollute premium with ethanol. And I tried every gas station in the city when I had my mustang dyno-tuned and shell v-power was the only gas that didn't knock so I stuck with it. When I replaced my heads the valves were remarkably clean so shell it is for me.
Thanks for any info

Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member

Can anyone with experience tell me if I should use a cometic 0.030 gasket when I swap my cams for a slight bump in compression. I am going in thru the top so I can re-use my stock parts. I will be replacing the bearings of course. Or would that cause pinging problems. I use only shell premium because here in Saskatchewan the gas stations don't pollute premium with ethanol. And I tried every gas station in the city when I had my mustang dyno-tuned and shell v-power was the only gas that didn't knock so I stuck with it. When I replaced my heads the valves were remarkably clean so shell it is for me.
Thanks for any info